We’re developing the next generation of leaders
You have a unique opportunity to jumpstart your summer through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, paving the way for a robust career at Citizens.
The Consumer Banking & Enterprise Experience (CBEX) Summer Internship Program is a critical program within the bank for cultivating talented, young professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As part of this program, you’ll be asked to be part of something larger than yourself and participate on a transformative journey to help our customers, colleagues, and communities reach their full potential.
You’ll be joining Citizens at a pivotal moment of growth, as we strive to become the bank of choice for financial products, services, and advice. It’s no surprise we were named the “Best U.S. Bank” by Euromoney Magazine as part of their 2021 Awards for Excellence!
Experience during the program
NOTE: this summer internship program begins in early June 2022.
In this 10-week program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of the Consumer Banking and Enterprise Experience divisions at Citizens. You’ll experience a variety of relevant projects, gain exposure to senior leaders, and develop a transferable skill set that will position you as a possible candidate for the full-time leadership development program.
Designed for rising seniors, this program will allow you to dive deep into a specific business line within one of our divisions. Based on the track you select, you may be placed in any of the participating business lines below, working on exciting projects such as:
Consumer Banking Track: Business Banking, Consumer Strategy, Core Banking, Lending, Mortgage, National Banking, Wealth
Enterprise Experience Track: Communications, Customer Experience, Digital, Enterprise Payments, Marketing, Risk, Transformation
- Analyzing financials to include in our next Board of Directors presentation
- Designing the digital signage and playlists of our new retail branch locations
- Examining competitor and industry trends for our credit card portfolio
- Partnering with our external FinTech partners for our robo-advisor enhancements
- Improving go-to-market strategies for our small business banking direct sales channels
- Creating and implementing a micro-learning training program for our contact center
- Conducting user experience research and informing UX measurement strategies
- Optimizing digital and online tools to maximize sales of our core banking products
- Synthesizing quantitative data to provide insights on key capabilities for target segments
NOTE: this program is based in Westwood, MA with some activities occurring in Johnston, RI, or other potential locations.
As an intern in this program, we will match you with a CBEX alumni Mentor who will help guide you through the program. You’ll also participate in a variety of activities to further develop you as a professional. Throughout the summer, you’ll experience:
- Day 1 orientation and training with all CBEX interns
- Professional development workshops (e.g. Personal Branding, Receiving Feedback)
- Weekly Sr. Speaker Series with executive leadership
- Social activities (e.g. sporting events, bank-wide intern BBQ)
- Dedicated community service activities
- Innovation Challenge: you’ll work in small teams to solve for an organizational problem and present your final recommendations to a panel of executives
Life after the program
Near the end of the program, you’ll be given advanced consideration for the Consumer Banking & Enterprise Experience (CBEX) Leadership Development Program, a full-time, one-year program consisting of four, 3-month rotations across participating business lines.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for self-starters, team players, and strategic thinkers. To be successful in this program, you’ll need to display strong skills and characteristics, including: analytical and critical thinking, business and financial acumen, communication, creativity, data analysis, detail-oriented, initiative, interpersonal, leadership, learning agility, project management, relationship building, strategic mindset, and time management.
What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Expected graduation date of May 2023
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 required (GPA of 3.50+ preferred)
- All majors will be considered; coursework in Business, Communications, Finance, Economics, Management, and Marketing is highly beneficial
- Internship or other relevant corporate exposure is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated on-campus or other leadership experience is desired
Background qualifications include:
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.