Christalis Education Internship
Christalis Inc. Maryland-based International Non-Profit, provides services for children who are victims of various injustices.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
This individual is responsible for providing education to underprivileged children in the countries that we serve.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Evaluate the abilities of each child in the orphanage and community programs.
· Create and impalement an Educational Plan specific to each child’s needs.
· Coordinate Schedule so that it is cost and time effective
· Develop creative and fun ways for the children to learn.
· Will implement all methods of learning: computers, written, oral, games, activities, crafts etc.
· Will coordinate group education sessions for children and families on hygiene, goal setting, family planning, time management, good habits etc.
· Will create and implement literacy programs.
· Will recruit, orient, process and manage volunteers.
· Will maintain inventory for all educational supplies.
· Create and implement forms and documents relating to work.
· Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with volunteers, Board Members, Staff and children.
· Research data.
· Will assist with social media and other marketing campaigns.
· Other duties as assigned.
· REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· High School Graduate
· Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
· Clerical or administrative experience preferred
· Nonprofit experience preferred
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others with a happy disposition.
· High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
· Ability to speak well with vendors, donors, potential donors, businesses and government agencies.
· Type minimum 55 wpm