About Charles River Associates
CRA is a leading global consulting firm that provides independent economic and financial analysis behind litigation matters, guides businesses through critical strategy and operational issues to become more profitable, and advises governments on the economic impact of policies and regulations. Our two main services – economic and management consulting – are delivered by practice groups that focus on specific areas of expertise or industries. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you launch and accelerate your career.
Our Antitrust and Competition Economics practice is a leader in providing economic analysis, advice, and testimony for antitrust and merger cases worldwide. Our work as antitrust experts focuses on rigorous empirical assessments of whether competition in a market has been (or will be) adversely affected, leaving consumers to face higher prices, fewer choices, or stifled innovation. We tailor our analyses to the facts of each case, employing tools such as econometrics, game theory, upward pricing pressure analysis, or merger simulation as needed. Whether before a court or a regulatory agency, CRA consultants set a high standard for the clear communication of sophisticated economic analysis in complex cases.
- Performing economic analyses to support case theories
- Programming, model building, and regression analysis using languages such as STATA, R, Python, or SAS
- Reviewing and summarizing analyst reports, client documents, and industry trade press
- Assisting in the production and development of research summaries, expert reports, and the presentation of findings
- Conducting economic and industry research while analyzing client materials to build an understanding of a case’s issues
- Reviewing analysis and mentoring junior consultants towards ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses
- Assisting with office recruiting, training, and volunteering efforts
As most of our work is done in the office, minimal travel is required.
Associates and Consulting Associates have the unique opportunity to learn from, and work alongside, some of the most respected scholars, specialists, and industry experts in the world. You will have access to internal training programs focused on creative problem solving, communications, and technical skill development. In addition, our firm offers extracurricular activities where you can take on a leadership role in recruiting, training, and volunteer activities in the local community.
- Strong achievement in a graduate degree program (Masters and/or some PhD coursework) with coursework in Economics
- 0-4 years of professional experience, work experience not required
- Demonstrated understanding of economic concepts, and quantitative and qualitative analysis methods
- Experience with programming languages such as SAS, STATA, R, Python, etc. (SAS and STATA preferred)
- Candidates who have participated in honors thesis, research apprenticeship, or research seminar programs are strongly encouraged to apply
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills
- Note: Verbal Mandarin language skills and written Simplified Chinese language skills are required for candidates to be considered for work on China Competition projects
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume and transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). For the optional writing sample, we prefer a sole-authored submission from an existing work (class, thesis, internship, or work environment) that includes your commentary on a quantitative analysis and/or in the field of economics. NOTE: This is an immediate hire position between now and the end of June 2021.
CRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.