As a Research Associate II, you will be working with a team of Flow Cytometry Scientists supporting the pre-clinical and clinical teams at Champions Oncology. Main responsibilities are to prepare and handle primary specimens, including peripheral blood, ascites and other liquid biospecimens. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Isolation of white blood cells by density gradient separation
- Primary immune cell culture (experience with T cells, NK cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages)
- Sample preparation (murine or human tissues/cells) for immunostaining and acquisition by flow cytometry
- Cell culture for primary cells and cell lines
- Perform multicolor flow cytometry including autonomous use of flow cytometer(s) and flow analysis software
- Perform ex vivo and in vitro assays for immuno-oncology relevant endpoints (e.g. ELISA and multiplex cytokine assays)
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and develop methods for unmet experimental needs
- Project management: Maintain laboratory records and notebook, organize and compile data, and write weekly reports on results
Qualifications and Skills
- BS with 2-year experience or MS degree required.
- Industry experience working with pre-clinical and clinical samples is preferred.
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry is preferred.
- Expertise in aseptic techniques for handling primary human cells and for mammalian cell culture
- Proficiency with processing primary tissues and other samples for downstream assays
- Proficiency in Immunostaining, flow Cytometry acquisition and analysis
- Experience working in a regulated environment (GLP or GCLP)
- Proficiency in MS office suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Strong planning, organizational, computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for own work.