The will assist on one or more various projects supporting our global product team. The right person for this role will have a strong understanding of design research principals, strong user interview skills, enough technical background to feel comfortable working with IoT sensors and data, and an interest in healthcare operations, technology, and products.
Our global product management team is tasked with managing the product portfolio and pipeline for CenTrak. We strive to create and expand on solutions which serve our customers and create measurable value in healthcare. Our portfolio includes hardware, software, and services.
The Product Management Intern will have the opportunity to interact with projects in different phases of the new product development (NPD) process. You will contribute to the completion of specific deliverables and gain valuable experience in understanding and gathering market requirements and priorities. Each project is part of a key strategic initiative and will be highly visible to CenTrak leadership.
We are seeking someone curious, organized, detail oriented, and enthusiastic about working in a cross functional product management role. This will be a majority remote work opportunity (with limited time spent in our Newtown PA location, primarily for training and collaboration) for 20 hours weekly. Travel can be arranged for any days spent on-site.
Project Options and Responsibilities:
· Project 1- Problem identification & data analytics in healthcare operations:
· CenTrak has recently launched a clinical consulting service to help our customers create greater efficiency in their hospital operations through the application of location data and best practices learned at more than 1000 hospital sites across the country.
· In supporting this offering, the intern can participate in stakeholder interviews and customer research as part of our clinical consulting engagements.
· This information is used to generate reports, recommendations, and analytics dashboards that help our customers get better use from our technology.
· Scoping and creating visualizations from live site data will be a major deliverable, so interest in data visualization and experience with Tableau or another analytics tool is desired.
· This project will expose the intern to hospital operations process & logistics, and be an opportunity learn how hospitals work behind the scenes to deliver care.
· Project 2- Physical Product Design & Market Requirements for IoT tags & wearables:
· This project will be to support the upstream product design for IoT wearable tags used to track staff, patients, and equipment, primarily for use in hospitals.
· The product management intern will be asked to conduct research interviews with internal and external stakeholders to outline key Market Requirements that the new tags must meet to be successful in hospitals.
· Skills in prototyping and testing said prototypes with users could be leveraged to create additional value for the project
· Project 3 – UI/UX Digital App Design:
· For a new hardware platform in development, an easy-to-use installation tool must be created. This tool is intended to be accessed through an installer’s mobile device or tablet and will assist them in the process of completing a hardware installation inside of a hospital. Our goal is to create an experience for our installers that is as simple to use as most commercial IoT setup tools (Alexa, google, Ring, etc.), but also accommodates for the differing needs of expert installers. A successful installation tool will reduce deployment time and complexity and increase the percentage of devices that are installed correctly the first time without need for remediation.
· The product management intern will support the UI/UX design of this application. They will be expected to interview installers and subject matter experts for our hardware devices to understand how a system is installed and identify problems that can occur in the process.
· The product management intern will help identify the priorities of the requirements using a quantifiable method.
· Using this knowledge, they will help storyboard and outline the steps and screens necessary to create an effective installation tool (no coding experience is needed).
· While UI prototyping could be helpful in the role, the intern will be able to work with our in-house graphic designer and team to create screens and prototypes.
· Throughout the process, iterative testing with users is expected to validate design assumptions and tool effectiveness.
· Currently enrolled in Master’s level education, ideally with Product Design focus
· Ability to commit to at least 20 hours weekly
· Strong communication skills
· Advanced MS Excel skills, specifically data mining & reporting
· User research, interviews, and problem identification
· Writing product requirements
· Some technical background in IoT devices
· Physical prototyping & testing with users
· Screen prototyping and gathering user feedback
· An interest in digital design & UI/UX
· Data analytics and Visualization using Tableau or a similar program
· Lean principals (either exposure to or an interest in learning more)
***CenTrak is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.***
Seeing/Hearing: Able to read reports and hear well enough to communicate with co-workers
Standing/Walking/Mobility: Able to stand to open files and operate office machines; mobility between departments and to attend meetings of employees and managers
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Able to write, type and use phone system