Are you passionate about play? Do you celebrate diversity and recognize every child as a unique individual who is deserving of love and respect? Are you committed to creating a classroom experience that is developmentally appropriate, nurturing and safe?
If the responsibility of instilling a lifelong love of learning excites you, then we encourage you to apply for our Full-Time Early Childhood Teacher position at St. Louis Child Development Center.
At Catholic Charities we recognize and value the role our teaching professionals have played in our nearly 50-year history of providing holistic, child-centered care. Our nationally accredited Centers rely on the success of our teachers and we are committed to having the supports in place so they can achieve their professional goals.
In addition to a collaborative, mission-driven work environment where our core values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Hospitality, Excellence and Stewardship (our RICHES) are celebrated and wholeheartedly shared, we offer an attractive benefits package, including:
- A choice of two comprehensive health plans
- A dental plan with no waiting period to access all levels of care
- A generous paid time plan to use for personal, sick and vacation time. (Employees start to accrue time immediately)
- $1,000.00 Sign-On Bonus! ($250 at time of hire, $250 after successful completion of 6-month probationary period and $500, at the completion of 1 year employment)
- 50% discounted child care rates for employee’s children (exclusive to Private Pay)
- Basic life insurance as well as 100% of the premium paid for short- and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan. Employer match after one year of eligible employment
- Vision, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Shall have a minimum of a two (2) year degree in Early Childhood Education (or a compatible course of study). A 4-year degree is preferred.
- Shall have two (2) years of experience in the early childhood field.
- Must be willing to maintain CPR and First Aide Certification, as well as attend the Maine Early Learning Guidelines Training.
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. You may submit your cover letter and resume (indicating the position title) via our website (www.ccmaine.org) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (207-523-2789), or mail to Human Resources Office, Catholic Charities Maine P.O. Box 10660, Portland, ME 04104.
Catholic Charities Maine is a United Way and EOE/Minorities/Females/Veteran/Disabled Employer. Catholic Charities Maine participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please go to: https://www.ccmaine.org/employment