We are seeking to hire a Senior Technical Writer (Wireless products) to join our team based at our corporate headquarters in Andover, MA, USA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Senior Technical Writer will support our wireless products, including: Axyom 4G/5G Core, Axyom 4G Small Cell Core, Apex 4G Enterprise Small Cells, including indoor/outdoor femto and picocells, Axyom 4G Small Cell Gateways, Axyom Element Management System (AeMS), and the Axyom 4G Wireless Access Gateway (WAG).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform full-cycle documentation projects encompassing hardware installation, software configuration, deployment guides, administration guides, quick installation guides, CLI, SNMP, GUI configuration guides, network management guides, software release notes, and product compliance documents for an expanding customer base.
- Write software publications and release notes based on end-customer requirements for product understanding and usage.
- Operate management interfaces to test and verify actual functionality being documented.
- Work as part of an engineering and software quality assurance team as a technical contributor.
- Meet customer-critical deadlines for product content delivery.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, English literature, or technical communications.
- 5+ years of technical writing experience working with complex networking technologies and wireless technologies.
- Advanced level hands on experience using Adobe FrameMaker, Illustrator, Acrobat, and MS Word required.
- Experience documenting CLIs and APIs.
- Demonstrated professional writing skills using proven tools and established methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working independently.
- Able to learn quickly on the job through direct hands-on interaction with Casa technologies and regular dialogue with Casa R&D, SQA, and PLM organizations.
- Able to cover several projects simultaneously with flexibility and willingness to move between projects on short notice.
- Able to live Casa’s core values: fun work environment, innovation & risk taking; passion, dedication & perseverance; and honesty & loyalty.
- DITA, content management, and single-sourcing experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of 4G Evolved Packet Core (EPC) functionality, 5G Core networking including complex Network Functions (NFs) and 5G network slicing technologies are a plus.
Casa Systems, Inc. offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).