About this Job:
Disrupting the marketplace more than 25 years ago, CarMax became the largest used car retailer in the US. However, our goals as a company aren’t just to be the best in the industry but a leading retailer across all industries. To achieve this goal, CarMax has spent the last several years investing heavily in modernizing our digital and analytical infrastructure to support our customer-centric experience. Whether that be through building machine learning vehicle recommendation models in Python, or constructing Tableau visualizations to influence strategic decision making, CarMax is committed to equipping and teaching our analysts with industry-best tools and techniques to enable our continued success.
As a Business Analyst Intern, you’ll play a key part in driving our success for the future. This 10-week project-based internship, will provide rising Juniors and Seniors the opportunity to apply strategic thinking, problem solving, and data analytics skills as a member of one of our analyst teams to solve a real problem CarMax is facing today.
As a Summer Business Analyst Intern, you’ll spend your time:
- Working directly with our industry-leading data – writing code, building reports, completing analysis, building models, etc.
- Collaborating – partnering with leaders across the organization to learn about our business and identifying creative ways to solve problems
- Innovating – being bold in the pursuit of excellence and identifying opportunities to leverage your expertise to drive meaningful impacts to the business
- Influencing – presenting game-changing insights to senior executives and driving action
- Interacting – down-to-earth, conversation-based meet and greets with CarMax leaders
- Having fun – engage with interns from other areas while enjoying the unique culture we offer at CarMax, including a healthy work/life balance
What we offer:
· Unique community: Join our community of more than 120 analysts, from various backgrounds and experiences (including former CarMax interns!) and find yourself with the opportunity to develop professional relationships that expand your focus area. CarMax has been named one of the ‘100 Best Places to Work’ by FORTUNE magazine each year since 2005 and was recognized recently by FlexJobs & Forbes as a top company for millennials seeking work-life balance.
· Meaningful work: You will have the opportunity to make a difference in the analyst community by working on real projects that have an impact on CarMax.
· Best in class training opportunities: CarMax offers hands-on training from Day 1, focusing on areas such as Analysis and Decision Making, Communication and Influence, and coding languages such as SQL and more! In addition to technical knowledge, you will receive detailed training on our industry to help you succeed with your assigned project. Our community is committed to your success, offering knowledge and support along every step of the journey. No previous experience needed, we’ll help teach everything you need to know!
· Competitive benefits: Work-life balance, competitive pay, 401k matching
What you need to succeed:
· Passion for problem-solving and desire to develop into a strong business leader
· Top-caliber critical thinking skills and intensely curious personality
· Highly organized and proven ability to multitask
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
· Dedication to continuous improvement and innovation
· Passion for growth, development and learning new things
· Prior experience in SQL nice to have but not required
To be eligible:
· Must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Candidates for our Summer 2022 Internship Program will have the opportunity to be virtual or in-person.
To be considered for this role, you should submit a resume through your school career site, and formally apply at https://carmax.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Corporate—Richmond/Business-Analyst-Intern—Richmond–VA_JR-067403
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.