About this Job:
Disrupting the marketplace for more than 25 years, CarMax is the largest used car retailer in the US. Our success is motivated by our customer-centric, data-informed approach to problem solving and an unparalleled focus on a company culture that supports our employees and our community.
As a CarMax Auto Finance Business Analyst Intern, you will be working with our tight-knit Auto Finance Analyst group out of our Atlanta, GA office. This 10-week project-based internship will provide the opportunity to apply strategic thinking, problem solving, and data analytics skills as a member of one of our analyst teams to solve a real problem CarMax is facing today.
As a Summer Business Analyst Intern, you’ll spend your time:
- Working directly with our data – building reports, completing analysis, building models, etc.
- Collaborating – partnering with leaders across the organization to learn about our business and identifying creative ways to solve problems (with or without data)
- Innovating – being bold in the pursuit of excellence and identifying opportunities to leverage your expertise to drive meaningful impacts to the business
- Interacting – down-to-earth, conversation-based meet and greets with CarMax leaders
- Influencing – presenting insights to senior executives and driving action
- Having fun – enjoying the unique culture we offer at CarMax, including a healthy work/life balance
What we offer:
· Unique community: Join our community of more than 150 Analysts, from various backgrounds and experiences (including former CarMax interns!) and find yourself with the opportunity to develop professional relationships that expand your focus area. CarMax has been named one of the ‘100 Best Places to Work’ by FORTUNE magazine for 15 consecutive years and was recognized recently by Flex Jobs & Forbes as a top company for millennials seeking work-life balance.
· Meaningful work: You will have the opportunity to make a difference in the analyst community by working on real projects that have an impact on CarMax.
· Best in class training opportunities: CarMax offers hands-on training from Day 1, focusing on areas such as Analytics & Decision Making, Communication and Influence, and coding languages such as SQL and SAS. In addition to technical knowledge, you will receive detailed training on our industry to help you succeed with your assigned project. We have a library of training content accessible to all associates wishing to grow and develop. CarMax’s training has been recognized as one of the most successful learning and development programs by Training Magazine for over 10 years.
· Competitive benefits: Work-life balance, competitive pay, 401k matching
What you need to succeed:
· Passion for problem-solving and desire to develop into a strong business leader
· Top-caliber critical thinking skills and curious personality
· Highly organized and proven ability to multitask
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
· Dedication to continuous improvement and innovation
· Passion for growth, development, and learning new things
· Prior experience in SQL nice to have but not required
To be eligible:
· Must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Candidates for our Summer 2022 Internship Program will have the opportunity to be virtual or in-person.
To be considered for this role, you should submit a resume through your school career site, and formally apply at https://carmax.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Corporate—Atlanta/Business-Analyst-Intern—Atlanta–GA_JR-067402
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.