Caribou Biosciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded in 2011 by pioneers in CRISPR genome editing and headquartered in Berkeley, California. The company’s mission is to develop innovative, transformative therapies for patients with devastating diseases through novel genome editing. Caribou leverages its proprietary technologies to develop a wholly owned pipeline of genome-edited, off-the-shelf immune cell therapies, including CAR-Ts and CAR-NKs, for the treatment of multiple different types of cancer. Caribou believes that advanced genome editing is necessary to develop sophisticated cell therapies to treat a variety of malignancies.
Members of the Caribou herd open their minds to new ideas and welcome diverse perspectives. We proudly assert that teams do their best work when their members are personally engaged, their ideas are taken seriously, their contributions are recognized, and their needs are met.
As a result of exciting developments both with Caribou’s internal pipeline programs and with the addition of a new external partnership, we have multiple early-stage projects at Caribou focused on the preclinical discovery and development of CAR-T cell therapy candidates. We are looking for goal-oriented Research Associates to help us propel this work forward. Using collaborative teamwork and your winning spirit, you will work closely and cross-functionally with other researchers on cutting-edge technologies to deliver on impactful research projects that we believe will ultimately positively impact the lives of patients.
- Culturing primary human T cells, including isolation, activation and expansion from PBMC
- Gene editing and manipulation of primary cells using nucleofection and viral transduction
- Screening of scFvs for preclinical CAR-T programs using immune cell biology-based assays, including in vitro cytotoxicity and cytokine production assays
- Multi-color flow cytometry including data analysis using Forecyt and FlowJo software
- Coordinating experiments with other Scientists and RAs across functional groups
- Compiling data, presenting results and staying current on primary literature
- Additional technical work includes proliferation assays, maintenance and expansion of tumor cell lines and cell line engineering
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in research operations performing cell-based assays
- Experience in mammalian cell culture techniques
- Competency in flow cytometry
- Willingness and ability to share occasional weekend cell culture duties
Nice-to-have (but not required):
- Background in immunology or oncology
- Primary cell culture
- High-throughput assay development
- Experience evaluating therapeutic candidates in animal models
- Experience writing technical reports
- Application of genome editing technologies
- Experience with lab automation
Caribou compensation and benefits include:
- Comprehensive compensation package including stock options and employee stock purchase program
- Generous paid vacation time in addition to Company-observed holidays and floating holidays
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan including matching employer contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Caribou is on Twitter. Follow the Company @CaribouBio.