Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, VirginiaSenior Manager – Marketing Analytics & Strategy
As a Senior Manager, Business Analysis at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will lead and team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you’ll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Capital One’s Small Business Bank (“SBB”) is entering an exciting time focused on serving the needs of small business owners. We have been recognized as a top business banking provider by J.D. Power and are ready to take our relationships to the next level to help small businesses succeed. To help us do that, we are looking for a well-rounded Senior Manager to lead our Marketing Analytics & Strategy team. In this role, you will be responsible for shaping, influencing, and executing our Marketing strategy and roadmap within SBB. Exciting questions that you may tackle include: “What is the optimal mix of marketing investments and channels to generate profitable deposit account acquisitions?” “How do we help keep our bankers top of mind for our existing clients?” “How can we surprise and delight our customers to create long-lasting loyalty and retention?”
In this role, the Senior Manager will manage a team of Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Process Managers that owns acquisitions marketing, digital marketing, and customer management for SBB products. The ideal candidate will be comfortable tackling ambiguous marketing challenges and pursuing initiatives that may never have been done in SBB in the past. The ideal candidate should also have experience in structuring marketing campaigns, conducting robust economic analyses, and influencing cross-functional partners (e.g., business partners, creative teams, legal) to get things done. This role will have an incredibly broad scope and high visibility, while playing at the interaction between Marketing, Strategy, and Analytics. It is a perfect role for those who have interest in honing their skills in these three areas and seeing how they come together to drive business growth.
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behavior
- Business ownership: Have an ownership mindset, and potentially P&L accountability for a business segment. Strategic planning with a 1-6 month horizon
- Leadership: May manage and develop a team of analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates throughout the organization with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Product: Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various lending products; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Marketing: Lead direct to consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through various channels. Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Coordinate across the line of business to manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in qualitative analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- At least 1 year of experience in project management
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
- 5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- 2+ years of experience in product development
- 2+ years of experience in financial modeling
- 2+ years of experience in economic forecasting
- 2+ years of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).