CAMRIS International is a medical research and development firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research.
We are seeking a Purification Specialist to support the Pilot Bio-Production Facility (PBF) at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Prepare buffers pour columns with specific resins, lyses cells to homogeneous suspensions.
- Perform extractions of cells and cell products
- Use column chromatography, centrifugation, and other techniques to purify vaccine materials.
- Make recommendations for purification of desired products based on research data received from research personnel.
- Responsible for all types of purification and down-stream processing and the use of various equipment to meet these goals.
- Responsible for writing Standard Operating Procedures, Batch Production Records, and any other documents that are required to maintain documentation and compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ensure that all data is entered in records to be maintained on file for each product
- Perform various analytical procedures to characterize and quantitate product at all steps in the purification process
- Responsible for training other personnel on procedures and operations of equipment
- Provides assistance to CAMRIS headquarters as needed on proposal writing projects and provide assistance with all job-related progress reports/technical reports.
- Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
- Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned, including working in other sections.
- A BA/BS degree in Science (preferably chemistry, biochemistry, biology, microbiology, or engineering) and/or 4+ years’ experience in a regulated laboratory environment.
- Must have good people and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must have ability to follow directions, written policies and procedures for all work responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training.