Job Summary: The Accounting Intern will support the finance department by providing accurate and timely invoice processing and journal entry support. Effective and efficient communication skills with outside vendors and Byrne employees as well as organizational skills are critical to this roles success. This position requires independent judgment, discretion, and confidentially.
Scope of Projects:
· Voucher Invoices with expense classification. Maintain electronic records
· Monitor AP email inbox for invoice approvals and incoming invoices
· Reconcile Vendor Statements
· Research VP issues
· Prepare and Enter Journal Entries
· Balance Sheet Reconciliations
· Other tasks and duties as assigned
Experience and General Skills Required:
· Basic Accounting Knowledge, Outlook and Excel Experience necessary.
· Problem Solver and Quick Learner with Attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize and complete multiple tasks in both a timely and accurate manner are vital
· Excellent Communication Skills
· The ideal candidate is pursuing a degree in accounting or business.
· Candidates should be entering their junior or senior year in college.
Internship Details & Schedule: This is a paid onsite internship to be completed over the fall of 2021. The timetable of this internship is flexible, depending upon candidate needs. Candidates that are seeking full-time employment upon graduation are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee may be regularly required to talk or listen, stand, walk, sit, stoop, crawl and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations. Prolonged sitting, typing and lifting up to 20 pounds.