Are you a detail oriented, highly motivated, proactive individual? Do you enjoy finding solutions to problems and improving efficiencies across an organization? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment where you can make an impact from day one? Then we want to talk to you!
BIPAC is a membership organization providing programs, technology solutions and political intelligence to America’s business community to increase their effectiveness in the political arena. We work closely with our corporate and trade association members to assist with their PAC, GOTV, Grassroots Advocacy, Voter Education and Political Programs providing them with websites and web tools, graphic design, political analysis, best practice information, messaging templates, and strategic counsel to ensure their programs success.
The Members Operations Associate plays an integral role in delivering the highest value to our members. Additionally, as a member of a small team, this individual’s coordination of operational activities is vital to the execution of BIPAC’s programs, initiatives, and daily operations. This role is ideal for someone who is self-motivated and highly organized and has the aptitude to work as part of a strong team, maintaining a positive and constructive attitude. Directly reports to the Member Services Team and indirectly to President & CEO.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Coordinate with team on new member acquisition efforts
• Coordinate with CFO and Member Services Team on invoicing and contracts
• Maintain membership records in Salesforce and Agile CRM
• Maintain accurate email lists in Constant Contact
• Assist with contract renewals
• Member website edits
• Coordinate logistics of BIPAC’s Board of Director and Executive Committee meetings
• Assist Member Services Team with coordination and execution of BIPAC programs and events
• Assist on projects as needed
Knowledge, Abilities & Critical Skills Required:
• Highly organized with ability to operate in a matrixed reporting structure and balance multiple projects.
• Experience in an association membership department preferred but not required.
• Strong knowledge of software applications including Canva, Adobe, Salesforce.com, Atlassian, Slack, Constant Contact, Zoom, and Microsoft Office Tools.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be a detail-oriented team player willing to work in a small hybrid office environment
maintaining a positive and constructive attitude.
• Collaborate and follow up with the team to ensure that tasks are executed from start to finish.
• Organized with a strong initiative in time management, work prioritization and independent thinking
with an inclination toward quick action.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, members, vendors and partners.
This full-time position is open to remote work, but candidate must be based in the DMV region and able to work at least part time from our Washington, DC office once fully re-opened.
•1-2 years of professional experience preferred.
•Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
•Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
•Capable of picking up new technical skills quickly and willingness to learn new things.
•Background or interest in association management, government affairs, national policy issues, or political advocacy desired.
•Organized, self-starter who can work independently as well as interact well in a team environment.
•Demonstrated analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
BIPAC’s mission sits squarely at the intersection of business and politics. In this role, the Member Operations Associate will have the unique opportunity to advance the mission while building relationships with some of the country’s most prestigious companies. The successful individual will be able to identify and manage members’ needs while resolving reactive requests and issues. We offer a competitive base salary in addition to company benefits such as remote work, medical and dental insurance, metro transit benefits, a day off to volunteer, team outings, vacation time, sick leave, 401K matching, and more. We have an excellent team environment with a real opportunity to make a difference within the organization and impact the programs of many business organizations across the country.
Find out more about us at www.bipac.org. If you believe you have the skills to succeed in this role, we encourage you to apply.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and a cover letter describing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, in either MS Word or Adobe PDF format. Please reference code: MOA in the subject line.
BIPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of business, social and cultural issues can help make BIPAC’s work more inclusive. We encourage qualified applicants of all ages, racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, ability and gender expressions, national origins and veteran statuses to apply.