Brillient is seeking CISCO Service Desk Engineer (Tier 2/3 WAN Network Support) to be responsible for providing WAN Networking support while providing outstanding customer service. The Service Desk Engineer is an integral component of a technical engineering team supporting a Federal customer’s organizational and digital transformation within an enterprise infrastructure and integrated with an expansion in cloud operations. This is a fully REMOTE position.
· Assist customers experiencing problems with IT resources or requesting new services and serves as the Tier 2/3 contact for troubleshooting.
· Execute on internal service delivery performance benchmarks, drives Quality Assurance engagements, drives ticket deep dives and helps develop strategies/initiatives for improvement.
· Contribute to Knowledgebase/Solutions Repositories/FAQs and ensures new/updated processes, procedures, work instructions, and knowledge are incorporated in a timely fashion in the knowledge base and are available to the entire Service Desk team.
· Communicate outages/emergency activities to the program and Customers.
· Provide detailed and accurate logs of all customer contact.
· Balance liaison, SME, or individual project work roles with required Service Desk workload and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering, Business, or related field.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance that requires US Citizenship.
- 3 years of Cisco CLI experience
- 3 years of experience with Cisco CLI and 2 years prior Service Desk experience.
- 2 years hands on experience in a 24x7x365 Service Desk
- Possess ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation Certification or ability certification within 6 months of hire.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of WAN Networking knowledge
- Intermediate-level knowledge of networking skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of DNS.
- Senior-level knowledge of BGP, TCPIP, DHCP
- Knowledge of Service Desk Operations including ticketing requirements, telecommunications and call routing, quality control, knowledge and process management, and training.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Firewalls.
- Ability to troubleshoot live traffic.
- Experience with major ticketing systems & reporting – Remedy, Salesforce, BMC Helix, or ServiceNow experience preferred.
- Proven history of progressive responsibilities
- Ability to work independently .
- On-Call after hours rotation. Nights and weekend support. High level of responsibility.
- Previous Federal consulting experience.
- Microsoft and network certifications.
- One or more of the following certifications: CCIE (Cisco), CCNP (Cisco), Network+ (CompTIA), SolarWinds Certified Professional, WCNA (Wireshark), Network Security Expert (NSE) Fortinet, ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation, HDI Support Center Analyst or HDI Team Lead
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability—or unable to use—the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-994-4232 and press #1 for Human Resources.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned in accordance with business demands and/or contractual requirements.