The CCI Lab Tech/Phlebotomists are at the front lines of customer services for the CCI and provide phlebotomy, processing, and medical assistant services, are responsible for sample storage and shipping, and perform several administrative activities to maintain the operations of the units.
The CCI Lab Tech/Phlebotomists provide phlebotomy services for all research patients seen in the Center for Clinical Investigation and off-unit. They process and ship specimen samples for research studies and maintain freezer storage for research samples. They also perform a variety of administrative support services in the laboratory to receive patients and specimens, ensure an orderly, clean, well-run workplace, provide a positive experience for CCI users, and promote positive research outcomes.
This position reports to the Operations Manager and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- One (1+) year of direct phlebotomy experience and demonstrated proficiency in the phlebotomy field.
- Six (6) months of specimen processing experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certificate of completion in Phlebotomy or Medical Assisting or successful completion of a phlebotomy course as part of an associate or bachelor degree program such as nursing
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and telephone skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately, take initiative and maintain organized working conditions (even in stressful situations) required
- Must be competent in phlebotomy skills/competency checklist by end of introductory period or position will be forfeited
- Clerical experience including medical terminology required, preferably in a laboratory setting
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize. Must be able to make fast, educated decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents accurately such as safety rules and research visit orders.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages and volume.
- Excellent customer service skills in order to deal with high volume of research patients.
- Ability to effectively deal with a wide range of personalities, technical and support staff.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique and Universal Precautions.