About BRAC and BRAC USA
Based in New York, BRAC USA is the North American affiliate of BRAC. BRAC USA provides comprehensive support to BRAC around the world by raising awareness about its work to empower the poor in 11 countries and mobilizing resources to support programs. BRAC USA works closely with its international counterparts to design and implement cost-effective and evidence-based poverty innovations worldwide. BRAC USA is an independent 501(c)(3) organization.
About the Position
BRAC USA seeks an intern with exceptional writing and communication skills, and a career interest in international education and youth development to support the Program Team for the spring of 2022.
Reporting to the Education Program Manager on the Learning, Empowerment, and Adolescent Development (LEAD) team, the LEAD Team Intern will work as an integral part of a highly effective team to support a diverse portfolio that includes early childhood development, education in emergencies, non-formal primary education and accelerated learning, adolescent girls’ empowerment and youth development.
This is a paid, part-time internship. The ideal candidate will be able to work remotely 15-20 hours per week, preferably with availability in the mornings Monday – Thursday. This internship will begin on or about January 18, 2022 and will continue for 15 weeks. Applicants should be available for orientation on January 18, 2022.
- Deliver at least one action research project relevant to LEAD team technical areas and programming and present findings at conclusion of the internship period
- Conduct research on prospective donors for the LEAD portfolio
- Prepare meeting briefs, join calls with external partners, capture notes and action items
- Develop standard capacity statements for three LEAD technical areas
- Support team members in the implementation of the Early Childhood Development (ECD) and Adolescent and Youth Strategies, including supporting the development of concept notes, PowerPoint presentations and communication products
- Assist team members with systems and database management
- Participate in the development of pipeline reports, grant stewardship and contract management
- Attend industry learning events and share key takeaways with team members
Qualifications and Experience
- Current undergraduate, graduate student or recent graduate in international relations, economic development, education, early childhood development, community development, public policy, non-profit management or other related fields preferred; if a BA student, preference will be given to rising seniors
- A demonstrated passion for international education and development and BRAC’s mission
- Ability to manage tasks in a fast-paced, team-oriented (virtual) environment
- Flexible and able to work remotely, independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Deadline and task-oriented
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with a keen eye for detailProactive team player with strong desire to learn and ability to be flexible
- Excellent research skills and ability to frame writing and research for a variety of audiences
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Google Suite, Slack, and Adobe Creative Suite are assets
- A sincere and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion to promote and strengthen a culture of belonging at BRAC USA
How to Apply
To apply, please upload a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (e.g., class paper or another example of writing ability) by November 30, 2021.
BRAC USA offers academic credit where permitted.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer. Due to the high volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
BRAC USA values a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.