Bodo can be translated into “Run” or “Accelerate”, and our technology does just that. Python is the de facto language for data applications but has limited performance and scalability. Bodo is the first Python Supercomputing Analytics platform that empowers data scientists to run Python workloads with the extreme performance and scalability of High-Performance Computing (HPC) without code rewrites. The exponential growth of data in the enterprise presents an immense opportunity for transforming industries through advanced analytics and AI/ML, and we aim to enable this transformation.
Bodo’s technology provides automatic parallelization and acceleration for analytics workloads for the first time. This allows data scientists to focus on solving business problems instead of the scalability and performance of their codes. Bodo is already deployed at Fortune 500 enterprises with great success.
Fresh off of our Series A financing round, Bodo is looking for a Software Engineering Intern interested in compilers with deep computer science knowledge. The individual should also have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and get excited by the idea of turning challenging technical ideas into reality. As a Software Engineering Intern, you will be working closely with Bodo’s core engineering team as well as be able to work on very challenging programming systems and data infrastructure projects.
This is a minimum 3-month internship, with the potential to extend to a year or a full-time offer, depending on performance.
- Develop compiler support for various Python patterns and APIs, including transformations for type stability, performance, and parallelization.
- Improve Bodo compiler engine’s optimizations for analytics/AI programs.
- Develop Bodo’s ETL engine for complex query patterns.
- Enhance error checking and reporting capabilities of Bodo’s compiler
- Debug compiler internals (as low-level as necessary!)
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/MS/PhD student in Computer Science or a related field at or from a top accredited university
- Great teamwork skills, strong communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Interest/experience or the ability to quickly learn various skills in:
- Compiler optimization analysis and transformations (e.g. using LLVM)
- Parallel computing and HPC (e.g. using MPI)
- Working with Python internals (e.g. using Numba, Cython, CPython)
Developing new complex technology and building an enterprise-grade software product around it is not easy – we are looking for technologists with strong passion and drive to make it happen!
Bodo provides a on-maket salary as well as weekly catered lunches if you choose to work out of our Pittsburgh office!
Learn more about our product:
Read More about Bodo’s Recent Series A Round: