BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while aiming to provide attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested more than
USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 215 million poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2020. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Zurich, Switzerland as
Intern Private Equity or Sustainable Infrastructure
In this role, you will work closely with the Investment Team over a 6 month period to support the origination and execution of transactions by conducting primary and secondary research, building and reviewing financial models, and supporting due diligence for investments.
Required skills and experience
- Graduate/student from a leading university or Business School;
- Strong analytical skills and excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and finance;
- Prior work experience in investment banking, private equity or consulting will be a plus;
- Proficiency in English, other languages (French or Spanish) will be considered a plus.
Your personal profile
- Proactive, high energy, self-confident and entrepreneurial mind-set;
- Strong work ethics and positive energy;
- Passion to work with a leading global impact investment manager in emerging markets.
What we offer
- Gain work experience in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets;
- Experience an entrepreneurial company culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- Work in a dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
Deadline for application is 31 October 2021.