We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse finance professionals you will be responsible for supporting financial planning, analysis and performance management activities for Blue Origin’s New Glenn Business Unit. Named after pioneering astronaut John Glenn, New Glenn is a single configuration heavy-lift launch vehicle capable of carrying people and payloads routinely to Earth orbit and beyond. Featuring a reusable first stage built for 25 missions, New Glenn will build a road to space.
Under the supervision of the New Glenn Finance Senior Manager, you will provide financial expertise and business partnership to program leaders across the full lifecycle of the New Glenn Program, including R&D investments into vehicle development, recurring costs of manufacturing and profitable launch operations. As a self-starter and effective communicator, you will represent the New Glenn finance organization within various program and cross-functional communities, working directly with leaders in areas like mission management, design engineering, integrated supply chain and sales. In this hands-on position, you will work with diverse sets of internal and market-based data and apply strong fundamentals in accounting to build analytical models that facilitate strategic decisions at a company and founder level.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Drive financial performance by developing operating and financial metrics, analyzing results and trends to create impactful insights, reporting results to New Glenn program senior leadership
- Support the annual and multi-year financial planning activities by anticipating business changes and spotting trends, getting key stakeholders aligned on material inputs, completing input models and ensuring all planning and reporting data is accurately reflected in financial systems
- Be the financial point-of-contact in analyzing projects and businesses cases across a selected scope of the program including R&D, integrated supply chain and mission operations, to assess potential returns and risks and monitor existing investment decisions and performance
- Support month end close processes including the analysis and reporting of financial results, ensuring accuracy of material financial accounting entries such as cost and revenue accruals
- Work closely with Program Planning and Cost organization to develop and analyze cost performance measurement baselines, including earned value management performance KPIs
- Lead the development, integration and analysis of Estimates at Completion (EACs) for specific WBS elements of the New Glenn vehicle development
- Support the establishment of cost accounting frameworks and processes to ensure accurate tracking of program recurring costs, including unit costs of production and costs per launch
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience utilizing and rapidly gaining technical proficiency using enterprise resource planning (ERP) tools, financial and operational databases and accounting software
- Advanced Excel financial modelling skills
- Strategic, results-oriented, growth focused highly skilled collaborator, influencer, and frequent communicator with multiple partners and stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, large scale projects and dynamically shift focus and reprioritize when needed
- Highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build internal and external professional relationship
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills; demonstrated success delivering business value through applying innovative and analytical, problem solving techniques
- Highest levels of integrity, unquestionable ethics, and excellent judgement
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or STEM fields
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or STEM fields
- Experience in industrial, manufacturing, engineering or technology organizations with a high level of change management
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.