Working for Micro Systems Engineering, Inc. (MSEI) means joining an elite team to work on some of the most exciting challenges in medical technology today. We are a pioneer in developing innovative implantable medical device technologies and devices that save and enhance the quality of life for millions of individuals living with cardiovascular and chronic neurologic pain disorders. With more than 40 years of experience in design and manufacturing of active implantable medical devices, our continuing success is based on our company’s core values – innovation, quality, reliability, integrity, teamwork, and undisputed expertise – thus enabling us to inspire confidence and trust in physicians and patients worldwide. We are continually looking for talented engineers, scientists, and professionals to share in our mission.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to contribute to automation of manufacturing processes by developing systems and software solutions for robotics, data analysis, factory management, machine interfaces, and dashboards projects.
- Develop, integrate, and deploy multi-platform software solutions
- Define and promote software architectures
- Contribute to system design
- Identify, generate and update all required documentation to support software and systems
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the manager
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in object-oriented software development
Additional Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master’s degree in the field of computer engineering, computer science or electrical engineering
- 3 years of experience in object-oriented software development at the graduate level or in industry
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: enterprise applications, robotics, machine vision, database management, web development, mobile applications
- Experience with C# software development
- Experience with Agile methodology and tools
- Experience with all aspects of the software development process, including software requirements, software design, software integration, debugging and testing, and software documentation
- Demonstrated success in driving one or more projects to completion
- Experience in medical device or similarly regulated industry
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer for extended periods of time, and communicate with co-workers.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours / week.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.