BioMap is an AI-driven biotech company, initiated and co-founded by Baidu founder/CEO Robin Li. We are committed to accelerating the development of new therapeutic and diagnostic products through the integration of advanced AI technology and cutting-edge biotechnology. We focus on building our internal AI engine and data collection capabilities to curate our proprietary insights for difficult diseases. We also aim to foster new types of multi-omics analysis algorithms, high-throughput experimental platforms, novel therapeutics discovery engines, etc.
Our mission is to leverage AI and data to radically improve patients’ lives.
To learn more, please go to our company website: https://biomap.com/
BioMap / BioMap Ventures is seeking to add a new intern to our team based in San Francisco to work on innovation strategy building, implementation, and investments in related innovative companies. The ideal candidate will be SF-based (or remote can be considered) that has an interest in biotech investments or venture capital. An ideal individual should have a strong background in science or has previous working experience in a biotech or in a scientific environment particularly in any areas related to cell therapy, antibody discovery, high content imaging, autoimmune, cancer therapy, computational drug discovery, and CRISPR screening. With that said, any research or work experience in novel therapeutic discovery engines/platforms will also be considered.
Primary responsibilities include working with the company’s leadership team on building our innovation strategy in life sciences, sourcing partnership, and investment opportunities, and evaluating these potential opportunities in the US and globally.
The candidate should also be a team-oriented, high-performing self-starter, humble, and creative thinker with a focus on details in diligence and execution.
- Identify industry trends and themes in the life sciences including innovations in various therapeutic areas or in a particular technology, health economic challenges and opportunities, innovation-driven M&A activity, and favorable changes in the regulatory environment.
- Analyze the industry trends and themes to generate comprehensive reports and extracting insights.
- Leverage your understanding of life science to help develop the company’s innovation strategy in the biotech and therapeutics sectors.
- Work with the team to help source partnership/investment opportunities based on strategic themes.
- Help facilitate the investment process.
- M.S./ Ph.D. in biology, bioengineering, biomedicine, computational biology, or relevant majors.
- At least 1+ years of relevant work experience in either scientific research, biotech research, or healthcare investments.
- Academic excellence
- Level of maturity and judgment which gives confidence in stressful situations
- Great ability to work independently
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong writing skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.