At Biogen, we offer a workplace that is unique, connected, resilient and impactful. Our purpose to find cures for rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry. We are connected as a team by this shared purpose, the pride we have in our work, and the inspiration we obtain from the lives we’re changing. We are resilient as we overcome obstacles, following the science to deliver for our patients. Most of all, our work allows us to have an impact. An impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine.
About This Role
The Neurodegenerative Diseases Research Unit (NDRU) at Biogen is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated molecular neuroscientist to join our Movement Disorders Research group which defines novel therapeutic strategies and drives new therapeutic compounds from early discovery to development.
What You’ll Do
- Support preclinical portfolio projects for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders
- Apply a wide variety of in vitro, cell-based and ex vivo analytical techniques.
- Design and execute experiments, analyze results and present at internal meetings
- Maintain complete, accurate, and timely electronic records to support internal documentation needs
- Work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
Who You Are
You are an Associate Scientist who works effectively in a highly collaborative research environment. You have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain detailed written records of research
- Must possess basic understanding of basic neurobiology, neurodegenerative diseases, and mechanisms of neurodegeneration.
- M.S. in Neurobiology, Cell Biology, or similar relevant field with 1-3 years’ experience in academia or industry. Strong candidates with more experience will be considered for a Senior Associate Scientist position.
- Must possess significant experience in mammalian cell culture techniques. Knowledge in high-throughput cell-based reporter assays is a plus.
- Must possess first-hand experience with fundamental biochemical and molecular biology techniques (including gel electrophoresis, Western blotting, ELISA, DNA cloning).
- Preferentially possesses experience in immunocytochemistry and confocal microscopy. Experience with high-content automated imaging platforms is a plus.
- Basic knowledge in rodent handling (including brain tissue dissection and cardiac perfusion) is a plus.
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines