By joining the Bio-Techne team, you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne and all of its brands provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
Bio-Techne develops, manufactures, and sells innovative tools and high-quality reagent solutions for life science research, therapeutic manufacturing, and clinical diagnostics. Among the Bio-Techne brands is ProteinSimple, a company that manufactures innovative analytical instrumentation. ProteinSimple is home to the Applications Science Team, a team tasked with applications development, content generation, collaborations, training, 2nd tier support, and fee-for-service custom method development.
The Applications Science team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join their ranks! In this position, you will work daily with innovative analytical platforms alongside our scientists to contribute exciting data for scientific collateral and custom projects. As part of this team, the SRA is also expected to join support efforts to put out fires (escalations) via instrument testing, assay testing, etc.
Come join a great team, doing great science!
Education and Experience:
- BS (with 4-5 years industry experience)/MS (with 0-2 years industry experience) in biotechnology, biochemistry, or related field
- Hands-on experience in general biochemistry and immunoassay development, including western blotting and ELISA
- Experience working in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company is preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player and self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Proficiency is MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to work in a fast-faced environment where you will be required to prioritize your own work and the work of others to meet various project deadlines
- Must be able to analyze data to make effective decisions
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail