Job Title: Community Outreach Intern
Location: Rocky River, Ohio, Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19*
Salary Range: Unpaid / For Credit
Travel Required: None
Work Hours: 10-15 hr/week
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
In addition to your resume, please email a cover letter in PDF form stating why you want to work for because I said I would and what skills you have related to this job description that makes you feel that you are a good fit for the position.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
because I said I would is a social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of humanity through promises made and kept. We are changing lives through Promise Cards, chapters of volunteers, character education in schools, and awareness campaigns with global reach. We only hire individuals who can make and keep their promises.
The Fundraising Intern will work to support community outreach and fundraising activities of the organization, including program management, research, administration, and outreach. Training will be provided for this internship to understand the role of programming, marketing, and fundraising within the organization.
This is a remote internship and requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship but offers eligibility for credit through your school.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Manage the Facebook fundraiser program and analyze potential recruitment needs
- Research and implement recruitment means for new fundraisers and potential donors
- Use Salesforce to assist with updating records, setting up phone calls, and networking with high-level donors
- Compose emails for fundraising campaigns in Pardot
- Collaborate with staff to create, build, and analyze fundraising reports for the organization.
- Create marketing research document of other nonprofits Facebook programs
The intern will attend weekly staff meetings, regularly scheduled meetings with their supervisor, and bi-weekly meetings with other interns for professional development.
For more information, check out our website at www.becauseisaidiwould.org
*Possibility of in-person interning if location permits