Special Education Teacher PLUS: BASIS Phoenix Central is seeking qualified candidates for a Special Education Teacher PLUS to start ASAP!
BASIS Charter Schools offer an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You’ll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment. BASIS Phoenix Central is seeking an experienced Special Education Teacher who is eager to develop leadership skills by serving as a member of the school’s administrative team. This is a teacher/administrator hybrid role whose primary responsibilities include the provision of special education services and supporting special education program operations as part of the administrative team at a school site.
The BASIS Charter School program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS Charter Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts college preparatory education to K-12 students. It is imperative that our Special Education Teachers share our vision of improving the state of education in our country.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Adapting and delivering specially designed instruction to eligible students with disabilities;
- Providing case management services for students with disabilities including plan/program development, provision, and compliance;
- Supervising itinerant related service providers;
- Coordinating and assuring full state and federal compliance with all aspects of programming (identification, review, dismissal) for students with disabilities per the IDEA, Section 504 and the ADA;
- Preparing and reporting accurate and timely data for internal and external regulatory purposes;
- Supporting general education teachers and collaborating with administrators to ensure the provision of FAPE
Job Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree, a valid state issued Cross-Categorical certificate OR the Mild-Moderate Disabilities certificate and valid fingerprint clearance are required to teach Special Education at BASIS Charter Schools.
Arizona Applicants: A valid IVP fingerprint card is required to work as a Special Education Teacher PLUS at BASIS Charter Schools.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working as a special education teacher in a K-12 school setting is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, the successful applicant will demonstrate knowledge and credibility to parents, students, staff, supervisors, and outside agencies through oral and written communication that is timely, confident, and articulate. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, a thorough knowledge of current disability law (IDEA, Section 504), excellent recommendations, experience working with children, ability to perform tasks with precision (attention to detail, adherence to timelines), excellent organizational skills and facility with office technology, and be open to new ideas in education.
Additional Job Information: Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.