BASIS Phoenix South Primary is currently seeking a Special Education Teacher to start ASAP!
Apply Now! Text: SPEDTPHXS to 602-671-3882 – you will receive a link to complete application.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A valid state issued Cross-Categorical certificate or the Mild-Moderate Disabilities certificate (degree in SPED equivalent)
- Ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance card
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in case management or building-level program administration
- Demonstrate knowledge and credibility to parents, students, staff, supervisors, and outside agencies through oral and written communication that is timely, confident, and articulate
- A thorough knowledge of current disability law (IDEA, Section 504)
- Experience working with children
- Ability to perform tasks with precision (attention to detail, adherence to timelines)
- Excellent organizational skills and facility with office technology
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and assuring full state and federal compliance with all aspects of programming (identification, review, dismissal) for students with disabilities per the IDEA, Section 504 and the ADA
- Providing direct special education services, as needed, and supervising itinerant service providers;
- Preparing and reporting accurate and timely data for internal and external regulatory purposes; and
- Facilitating in the development and implementation of informal academic and behavioral intervention programs for individual students.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term “BASIS” refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.