BASIS Oro Valley is looking for qualified candidates for a Dean of Students position to start ASAP!
Apply Now! Text: DOSOV to 602-671-3882 to start your application now! You will receive a link to complete application.
The Dean of Students at BASIS Oro Valley, is an experienced teacher and an excellent communicator, who is comfortable triaging students’ academic needs and behavior interventions, while balancing teacher and parent concerns. Strong customer services skills, a willingness to work for others, and the ability to work on a team are a must. A regular day for the Dean includes a range of tasks, for example: meeting with students who need academic support, helping students with friendships, managing lunchroom monitors, leading fire drills, managing detention, preparing for awards assemblies, filing documents, sorting student data using Excel, chaperoning dances, sometimes wearing the mascot costume, and supervising the halls for after school programing. The Dean is a busy person, who maintains the expectation for student behavior and helps our students grow as scholars. The Dean works closely with and reports to the Directors and the Head of School. The Dean of Students position is a great opportunity for experienced teachers to start their educational administration career path!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors required (Masters preferred)
- 3-5 years teaching or classroom experience
- Supports teachers to resolve differences in communication with parents and students
- Organizes students arrival and dismissal
- Organizes and reviews results of assessment of numeracy and reading comprehension and problem solving skills for any new student, state required assessments, Comprehensive or Curriculum Gains BASIS program
- (In relevant grades) Reviews results of PSAT, SAT and ACT and state required assessments
- Reviews Progress Reports, Mid-semester reports
- Organizes and executes student academic and behavior support
- Manages Teaching Fellows assigned to designated grades
- Maintains student discipline and follows through with documentation
- Coordinates the planning and preparation for new student orientation
- Communicates and meets with parents regarding student performance and/or conduct
- Participates in the development of academic and student schedules
- Participates in the planning and execution of standardized assessments
- Supports teachers in building positive relationships with parents
- Coordinates student academic support interventions
- Participates in all faculty and staff meetings
- Ability to effectively analyze data to improve student achievement
- Interested in learning educational leadership skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintain high professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.