Remote / Work-from-Home Position: Rolling Start Dates, Full-time over Summer 2021, 3-4 Month Commitment, Unpaid Internship
Rather than the coffee-fetching of a typical internship, Bashpole Software, Inc. interns get hands-on experience with writing grant applications and contract proposals related to our various technology ideas and projects.
Our work is diverse, and your role will be coauthor (with our guidance and feedback) funding proposals that will enable us to take one of our planned projects to the next level. For example, for one project, we’ll create software for teaching students and students-for-life how to properly identify plants, animals, and much more from nature. For another, we’ll create software to help non-profits get publicity. For yet another, we’ll create a resource for soft-skills training for new employees. And there may be other projects: you’ll pick one, research the topic, and look up funding opportunities, and learn how to respond to them by helping us do so.
A Unique and Valuable Experience:
Bashpole Software is preparing partner with nonprofits and apply for grants to support this software: the software will in turn benefit the environment by creating new ways to teach people (young and old) to be able to understand what they see.
- We support creating opportunities for leadership. As an intern, you’ll be encouraged to lead projects and goals that suit your interests. This encouragement extends to potential management training.
- You will work either collaboratively in a team or independently on a project of your choice from a list that we will provide.
- In weekly team meetings, you will be guided by Bashpole employees who have from 10 to 20 years or more of relevant work experience.
With approval from management, this internship also offers opportunities for you to add examples to your professional portfolio, which you can later use for future job applications.
Moreover, if you want work-study or school-credit for the internship, we can provide the kind of oversight your university would require. Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
Training Beyond the Core Subject:
Our rules-of-thumb (RoT’s) training process is part of Bashpole’s ongoing effort to provide a positive and collaborative environment for all its employees. The RoT’s are the otherwise unwritten rules of professional culture and etiquette straight from an industry professional. We’ve developed a system for expressly teaching these rules and procedures to our employees.
- This experience, and the valuable lessons you learn, will be of use to you throughout your whole career. Much of this comes directly from our founder, with whom you’ll work often during the internship experience.
- Bashpole’s company culture is a supportive, motivated, and collaborative environment for all levels of employment that isn’t based upon strict workplace hierarchies. With the projects you work on, and the people you regularly work with, you can establish a cooperative and productive relationship with anyone at any place on the corporate ladder.
- This isn’t a “busy work” internship. The work Bashpole does, and you’ll be contributing to, affects the nonprofit world and will result in real applicable experience.
With approval from management, this internship also offers opportunities for you to add examples to your professional portfolio, which you can later use for future job applications. Moreover:
- Need work study or school-credit for the internship? We can support this.
- We also support applications for scholarships for students participating in our internship.
Bashpole Software, Inc. has been in business since 2006 with the mission to develop technology to better the world. Our services include applied research and development, nonprofit marketing, sponsorship opportunities for businesses, and data services. Your research will be with real data on real projects that we will put to real use in short order for our customers and partner organizations. This allows you to have a larger impact than if working with a single nonprofit or government organization alone.
Bashpole has been funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Initiative (DARPA), the National Science Foundation (NSF), and sales of services to nonprofits. For more information, please visit https://bashpolesoftware.com/.
- Be generally available for meetings during business hours – we have team and individual meetings every week via Google Meet and similar online conferencing software
- Flexible daily start and stop times
- Weekly average time commitment of 40 hours
- Internship begin and end dates are flexible according to your university’s calendar for classes
- Work from home or place of your choosing
If the funding applications to which you contribute are successful, then that could potentially lead to Bashpole making you a job offer in the future.
By helping us write proposals (and learning how to do so along the way), you’ll help us get the support we need to pursue these projects, and you’ll make a difference in the world by way of the differences our technologies will enable.
Bashpole Software, Inc. complies with all US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines. https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs71.htm
Note: do not apply for more than one internship position at a time. Pick the one that interests you the most, apply for it, and then if you are invited for an interview, mention your interest in the other positions at that time.