We are one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of agricultural products. Our Hannibal plant is built to manufacture high-quality products in a safe, efficient, and environmentally sound manner. We occasionally have the need for contingent labor, and that’s where you come in. This Quality Control Summer Hire Internship position will primarily focus on method validation and transfer from legacy instruments (HPLC, GC, MS, IC) to newer (UPLC, GC, MS, ICP) systems. This position will offer hands-on experience in a fast-paced manufacturing lab helping to support 5 on-site production plants connected to a global network of agricultural products. A successful candidate will walk away with a robust understanding of the vital role of analytical chemistry and instrumentation in the manufacturing process.
- be pursuing chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering degree
- be a current sophomore or junior
- have completed equivalent of analytical chemistry 1 Lab (titrations, gravimetric analysis, spectrometry, IR) and general chemistry class/ lab
- have experience with instrumentation (HPLC, GC, CE, AA) (a plus but not required)
- be proficient in Office Software
- pay strong attention to detail
- have strong lab skills
- be safety oriented
We offer competitive pay plus an additional housing stipend available.
Our 1600-acre site, located along the banks of the Mississippi River between Palmyra and Hannibal, Missouri, is home to some of the world’s finest crop protection products. With about 400 employees and contractors, we provide more than 20 technical and formulated products that help farmers meet the growing needs for a safe, abundant, and affordable supply of food for today and tomorrow.