Barton & Associates, Inc. is seeking a lawyer with 0-2 years’ experience to fill its Commercial Counsel position. The Commercial Counsel’s role requires a strong legal and business acumen, positive attitude, and the ability, willingness, and confidence to communicate effectively and succinctly with internal and external personnel. The Commercial Counsel will report to the company’s Associate General Counsel or another attorney in the Legal Department as may be designated from time to time.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements;
- Providing input on risk management assessments;
- Researching, analyzing, and communicating findings related to healthcare, commercial, employment, government contracting, compliance, and other laws, regulations, rules, and policies (including legal and regulatory matters specific to the state in which you are or will be licensed);
- Advising company management on a variety of contractual and other legal matters; and
- Working on other tasks and matters as may be assigned by the Associate General Counsel or others from time to time.
- Juris doctor degree and admission (or pending admission) to the Bar of the state in which the company’s office is located.
- 0-2 years legal experience.
- Self-assured, team-oriented, and confident in a variety of settings with a positive attitude.
- Willingness and ability to work independently (this is critical for this role, as members of the Legal -Department are based in other offices).
- Ability to present information and communicate effectively.
- Ability and willingness to prioritize an often seemingly hectic workload.
- Uncompromising integrity, honesty, professionalism, and ethical decision making.
- Experience with government contracting and/or business associate agreements and other healthcare law a plus.
Barton Associates specializes in providing the healthcare industry with best-in-class staffing services throughout the United States. Since its inception, Barton has prided itself on building exceptional relationships with both its clients and providers, all of which originates from their world-class training program and strong commitment to their employees.
Healthcare staffing is an $18 billion industry in the United States and is projected to increase as the national physician shortage continues. As our industry continues its rapid growth path, Barton Associates is poised to grow along with it. In 2001, Barton Associates was founded in a small office in Massachusetts’ North Shore and has since expanded to have 10 offices across 7 states (Massachusetts, Florida, Connecticut, Texas, New Hampshire, Nevada, and Arizona) with more on the horizon.
Barton Associates is committed to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Barton Associates is an E-Verify employer in the United States. Barton Associates is committed to employing people with disabilities and accordingly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Human Resources Department at “HR@bartonassociates[dot]com” or 978-513-7100.