The Ivy Brain Tumor Center is a non-conventional, non-profit program offering state-of-the-art clinical trials for patients with the most aggressive form of brain cancer. It is home to the largest collection of Phase 0 trials for brain tumors in the world. Our multidisciplinary team of brain tumor specialists and scientists are accelerating drug discovery and precision medicine in neuro-oncology to identify the most promising first-in-class therapies for brain tumor patients.
The Pharmacokinetics Laboratory (PK Lab) of the Ivy Brain Tumor Center has recently become CAP/CLIA certified and will be supporting healthcare professionals and patients in health management through accurate, precise and state of the art testing and research.
We are looking for an individual to join the PK lab team as a postdoctoral associate. The candidate should have a strong background in chemical/pharmaceutical sciences with a reasonable working knowledge in translational research. Candidates who have experience in LC-MS/MS-based method development/validation and can demonstrate competency in pharmacokinetic data analysis are preferred. The candidate should be highly motivated, be able to work well in teams, and have excellent communication skills.
Potential areas of application include: drug PK, brain targeting, organic, medicinal or analytical chemistry, instrumental method development and validation, biomarker analysis, drug metabolism, PK analysis and modeling.
For more information on the PK Lab, please visit: https://www.ivybraintumorcenter.org/research/labs/tovmasyan-laboratory/
Key responsibilities include:
- Development, validation and implementation of analytical methods for various drugs, drug candidates, drug metabolites, and biomarkers employing UHPLC and LC-MS/MS techniques.
- Performing pharmacokinetic data analyses and interpretation.
- Contribution toward the design of preclinical and clinical studies.
- Development of independent research plans.
- Manuscript preparation and publishing.
- Preparation of grant proposals and applications.
- Supervision and training of laboratory supporting research staff.
- Preparation and delivery of research presentations at local meetings, national and international conferences.
- General operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment, including UHPLC and LC-MS/MS instruments.
- Preparation and Maintenance of required laboratory safety documentation and adherence to the guidelines and regulations incompliance with CAP/CLIA and HIPAA rules.
- Strong experience with LC-MS/MS-based assay development and validation, including tissue sample handling, sample preparation, operating LC instruments and Mass Spectrometers.
- Working knowledge of PK software (e.g., WinNonlin) and PK data analyses, interpretation and publishing.
- Some experience in pharmaceutical research (knowledge in chemistry and experience with cellular techniques and laboratory animals handling).
- Hand-on experience in instrument calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of LC and MS systems.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and cohesively as part of a team.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree (MD, DVM, PharmD, etc.) in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medical Sciences or in related disciplines.