Barclays Operations Diversity Event
This event gives talented juniors the opportunity to secure an internship with a world-class financial institution before most of their peers. As a candidate, you’ll experience a condensed version of networking, training, and exposure to senior speakers. Programming will also include interviews with Barclays Operations colleagues. Successful candidates will receive an offer to join Barclays for a 2022 summer internship in Operations.
At Barclays, we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone’s perspective is valued. Our Operations Inside Track is designed to engage and educate high-achieving, underrepresented candidates, including female, Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native American and LGBTQAI students, as well as military veterans and students with disabilities.
In order to quality, you must:
· be a first semester junior
· be available for a summer internship in 2022
2022 Barclays Operations Summer Internship Program
As a summer analyst, you’ll spend your internship building a solid foundation in Operations and helping the Group deliver our strategy – in the right way. You’ll join either our Global Markets Operations group or our Cards and Payments team. During your internship, you may:
· perform KYC tasks while following standard procedures related to Client Due Diligence and AML policies
· monitor real time transaction flow, trade updates and exception queues to ensure timely and accurate trade representation across systems
· work on incident, problem and change management issues to improve services across the bank
· support continuous improvement of the operational process and the development of best practices; coming up with ways to improve systems and processes
· provide support for cleared derivatives, performing perform daily reconciliation of related fees
· undertake a range of complex customer and product related processing activities.
Ready to apply?
Please submit an application through Barclays’ online system.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the firm.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website home.barclays
To learn more about careers at Barclays, visit search.jobs.barclays
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.