Bahl & Gaynor Investment Counsel – Trading Associate Position (Summer 2022)
The newly formed Trading Associate position at Bahl & Gaynor will offer an individual a rare career opportunity to make a meaningful impact at a growing, boutique investment firm with more than $40 billion of assets under management and advisement. Under the direction of two Senior Traders and the Investment Research Team, the Trading Associate will learn to contribute to all phases of the trading process: creating effective execution management of both equities and fixed-income. If you have a strong interest in financial markets and are seeking a rewarding opportunity within the competitive world of Asset Management, we invite you to consider this position. Furthermore, this new role is designed to provide the team member with complete exposure across all key functions of the investment process which should generate professional tools that form the basis of a successful career in finance.
Responsibilities & Opportunities:
▪ Handle and process millions of dollars of incoming Trade Requests from Portfolio Managers or Research Analysts.
▪ Support in all trading functions; pre-trade preparations all the way to post-trade settlement and back-office reconciliation.
▪ Develop new processes to improve the operational efficiency of Bahl & Gaynor’s Trading Team.
▪ Engage in the Bahl & Gaynor Investment Committee meetings as we implement liquidity and risk management.
▪ Manage mission-critical communication of sensitive trade information both internally and externally when needed.
▪ Monitor real-time market data to develop and implement various liquidity analytics, including quantitative risk, historical precedence, technical signals, and other ad hoc analyses.
▪ Be a sponge. Senior Traders and Portfolio Managers will provide mentorship, career development, and direction for your trajectory at B&G. Ultimately enabling you to become a manager and company leader in the future.
▪ Participate directly in individual and institutional client servicing.
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
▪ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic experience.
o Preferably in S.T.E.M field, Finance, or Economics
▪ Must display a true interest in financial markets.
o Prior Trading experience or research highly favored.
▪ Ability to multitask and thrive in a high-risk environment.
▪ Attention to detail, team orientation, with superb work ethic.
▪ Strong technology and communication skills.
▪ Bloomberg Terminal
▪ Start date: Summer 2022
About Bahl & Gaynor
Bahl & Gaynor is a private, employee-owned investment firm with more than $40Bil in assets under management and advisement. The firm manages 6 proprietary equity investment strategies focused exclusively on high-quality, dividend-paying public equities as well as a fixed income portfolio for both institutional and individual clients. Bahl & Gaynor was founded in 1990 and is based in Cincinnati, OH.