*Can be fully remote*
Join a growing team of passionate, self-motivated, talented, and creative people with big ideas about the future of software for the investment industry. Backstop is a Chicago based company that makes software applications for the alternative investment space. Over the last few years, we have grown considerably, won several awards, and built a lot of great software. Backstoppers take our customers and our service very seriously, but pride ourselves on not taking ourselves too seriously in the process.
The Junior Integration Engineer is a critical member of a fast-growing business line at Backstop, whose primary responsibility will be to build and deliver integrations and automations. Additionally, the role will be a foundational position to evolve the engineering offering of the business line with key input on product roadmap, intra-team delivery and platform development. We are looking for a strong team player who is passionate about solving business problems with technology and is excited about building enterprise integrations solutions.
- Develop integrations between platforms using our low-code platform
- Design, maintain, create documentation and automation deliverables
- Document defects, reproduce them and communicate about issues
- Work with business and technical team to understand requirements to build robust process/automation solutions
- Identify, execute and support continuous improvement of the automation process.
- Maintain automation and development standards
- Maintain and produce various automation related metrics and a process to measure success and failure of automations over time to help prioritize, resolve and maintain effective automation solutions
- Evaluate the business process for automation and create process flow diagrams and other appropriate documentation.
- Help evaluate new automation technologies
- Define and work on rollout and deployment of the solutions with appropriate documentation
- Troubleshooting and providing solutions for production issues
Nice to Have:
- Software engineering experience with demonstrable experience with integration platforms
- Experience with ETL and Web Services based integrations with expert level knowledge of Open source technologies via SOAP, REST, XML, JSON
- Strong experience working with REST API’s and exposure to their development
- Experience working with low-code integration platforms like Talend, Workato, Appian, Alteryx, Boomi etc
- Experience working with relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server and NoSQL databases
- Experience designing and implementing solutions for integrations & automations
- Understanding of new and upcoming technologies in integration space
- Strong desire for exploring, evaluating and understanding new technologies
- Experience working with technical and non-technical stake holders across the organization
- Experience with Agile Methodologies like Scrum or Kanban
- Experience managing user stories, tasks and defects using Jira
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter who thrives in an independent, fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability
- Unlimited vacation time
- 401(k) company match
- Professional organization memberships
- Game room, team events and quarterly company parties
- Weekly games, beer and snacks
- Casual work environment, jeans encouraged (when not visiting clients)
- Work with smart, cool and dedicated folks
- The chance to work for a growing service provider in the alternative financial industry
We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of disability, veteran status, or personal characteristic, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion is both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.