Research Analyst – B. Riley Securities – San Francisco, CA
B. Riley Financial (NASDAQ: RILY) provides collaborative financial services solutions tailored to fit the capital raising, business, operational, and financial advisory needs of its clients and partners. B. Riley Financial operates through several subsidiaries that offer a diverse range of complementary end-to-end capabilities spanning investment banking and institutional brokerage, private wealth and investment management, financial consulting, corporate restructuring, operations management, risk and compliance, due diligence, forensic accounting, litigation support, appraisal and valuation, auction and liquidation services. B. Riley Financial is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in major U.S. markets as well as an international footprint. For more information on B. Riley Financial, please visit brileyfin.com.
B. Riley Securities provides a full suite of investment banking, corporate finance, advisory, research, and sales and trading services. Research coverage spans a range of traditional industry groups including Consumer, Industrials, Financials, Health Care, TMT, among others plus a substantial number of industry vertical agnostic opportunities. B. Riley is nationally recognized and highly ranked for its proprietary small-cap equity research. Investment banking services include initial, secondary, and follow-on offerings, institutional private placements, merger and acquisition (M&A) advisory, SPACs, corporate restructuring and recapitalization. B. Riley Securities formerly operated as B. Riley FBR following the merger of B. Riley & Co. and FBR & Co.
We are seeking a full-time Research Analyst immediately to work in our San Francisco, CA office.
The position will be part of B. Riley Securities’ Research Division, working with the technology team to develop insightful, cogent, and forward-looking analysis for investors.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of assigned industry group and collaborates to identify companies well-aligned with the firm’s brand.
- Establish and maintain vibrant executive relationships with covered and non-covered companies. Develop and maintain sources of information on industry companies. Travel as needed. Create a highly differentiated mosaic.
- Actively support the investment banking team in identifying and evaluating coverage worthy companies. In meetings with existing and potential coverage, commands confidence and respect.
- Communicates effectively, via meetings and reports, with sales, trading, and clients to recommend the purchase, sale, or holding of securities. Answers inquiries from clients and sales force regarding individual securities or industry groups with clarity and insight.
- Writes and prepares research reports, industry pieces, briefs and first call notes with an emphasis on proactive research.
- If the Analyst supervises Associates, conducts regular constructive and thorough performance appraisals, and effective coaching and mentoring to assist in career management.
- Assists senior management in coaching junior team members.
- Takes a leadership role in recruiting junior personnel.
- Participates in firm activities, committees or task forces as well as external/industry related events and organizations.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in finance, business or mathematics) with outstanding academic performance that demonstrates strong analytical background and quantitative skills. MBA, CFA, MD or PhD preferred
- Background in equity research, consulting or finance-related fields with minimum 4 years of experience
- Ability to quickly establish equity research coverage within the Internet sector
- SIE, 63, 86, and 87 licenses.
- Understanding of corporate finance & equity markets.
- Strong competence in financial modeling, valuation and financial analysis and general business concepts. Should be excellent stock picker.
- Proven track record of verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to express ideas in a confident, timely, and organized manner.
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to articulate complex concepts to both buy side and C-suite executives
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Ability to work in teams in a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate should possess exceptional client and business development skills
- Willing to travel for conferences, roadshows, meetings
- Ability to analyze issues, identify challenges, and apply creative solutions.
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan, access to an employee stock purchase program, and other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.