Hi there! This job opportunity is part of The DEI Collective, Summer 2022
What is The DEI Collective?
It’s an initiative launched at Johns Hopkins for students to get summer internships at companies who are committed to improving access to students from underrepresented communities.
Some things to keep in mind:
1. TAILOR YOUR RESUME FOR THIS ROLE: Companies will be selecting your resume based on how well it aligns to this job description. (It’s the #1 feedback we get from them – if it’s not immediately obvious how your experience/background is right for the role, it’s likely you’ll get overlooked.)
2. SHARE YOUR STORY: Submit a brief story that shares your interest in the DEI Collective and/or how your experiences reflect your commitment to diversity through one or more of the following attributes: first generation status, limited income, racial minority, LGBTQ+, international/national origin or disability/differently abled. Please submit this to the job posting in addition to your resume – you can attach it as an additional document and reuse it for each company and job you apply for. NOTE: Your story should not exceed one paragraph and please include your name, phone number, and email. Companies will skip your resume without this component.
3. KNOW YOUR DEADLINE: The deadline for you to apply to this job (and this program) is 11:55 pm on November 14th, no exceptions!
4. MAKE IT EASY FOR US TO CONTACT YOU: Please be sure your email notifications from Handshake are enabled. You will be receiving notifications about interviews directly from Handshake.
5. ATTEND THE ORIENTATION!: You’re encouraged to attend the DEI Collective Student Orientation. Last year, 88% of student attendees for our prep. sessions got at least 1 interview offer compared to the overall interview selection rate of 16%.
By submitting your resume, you agree:
1) To let us share your resume outside the bounds of this event with companies who are hiring talent from JHU.
2) You’re available for one or multiple 30-minute interviews between 9 am- 5pm Tuesday Jan 18 through Friday, Jan 21. (We send interview notifications out around December 10.)
3) To attend interviews that you have scheduled with employers. Failure to do so will result in expulsion from the DEI Collective process and removal from all other company interviews.
4) If you accept an internship offer with a DEI Collective company, you agree to follow through on your commitment to them. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility from LDL summer grants and future Hire Hopkins hiring initiatives.
Any questions? Reach out to us at: email@example.com.
State of the art, high-profile, groundbreaking work – just another day as an Avanade Digital Studio Intern.
Avanade’s North America Internship Program was built for one purpose: revolutionize the way we design and deliver engaging, connected experiences for our clients and their customers. Through the combination of creative and technology expertise, our digital interns will spend their time creating never-before-seen, radical and exciting solutions to our clients’ biggest business challenges. If you’re passionate about having an impact on tomorrow’s digital landscape, then let us know who you are, what you do, and why we’d be crazy not to bring you on board.
During our 10-week internship program, you will have the opportunity to experience our culture, build your network and apply your education, while gaining real-world experience. You’ll spend your summer taking on a variety of roles with some fun along the way. The experience only lasts the summer but will open a lifetime of opportunity.
As an Intern, UX Designer, you could assist with customer engagements and create UX/creative transformation deliverables on projects. You could primarily focus on architecture task areas and usability testing. You could assist in workshops to gather stakeholders’ requirements using a pool of techniques to help break down barriers, communicate better and generate new ideas.
- College Junior-standing, with target graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023 pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Library Sciences or similar degree
- Creative mind and collaborative spirit
You are an innovator with knowledge of visual design capabilities and strategies. You have knowledge of UX disciplines such as:
- UX research methods
- information architecture
- usability testing
- content strategies
- user experience
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.