We want you!
As Ohio’s chief compliance officer, the Auditor of State (AOS) makes Ohio government more efficient, effective, and transparent by placing checks and balances on state and local governments for taxpayers. Click here to learn more about the Ohio Auditor of State. The AOS is currently searching for an experienced individual to serve as a College Intern in the downtown Columbus area with the Training Department (work will be primarily remote with one on-site day a week with light travel in the Columbus area).
The Auditor of State’s College Intern is a paid position, open to high-performing undergraduate and graduate students from Ohio universities. Our College Interns are assigned to full-time staff fostering a collaborative environment allowing for leadership and learning opportunities. Interns will contribute to active teams and gain insight into the Training Department and government operations.
What will you be doing?
The College Intern acts for the Auditor of State and serves under the supervision of the Director of Professional Education and Training within the Training Department in assisting with the following duties:
- Coordinating, scheduling & monitoring logistics for events (internal, external, virtual, in-person)
- Entering & monitoring continuing professional education (CPE) hours
- Providing information for employees seeking and renewing professional certifications & memberships
- Operation of computer & audiovisual equipment
- Communicating with external clients
Why work for the Auditor of State?
- On the job experience
- Part-time and full-time options available
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Competitive Pay = $15.96/hour
These are just a few of the incredible benefits that the AOS has to offer you. You deserve a life outside of work and that’s what we can offer!
Qualifications and Education:
- Efficient in Excel
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work on projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to be productive working remotely, either independently or with a group
- Attend an accredited College or University and be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in Business Administration, Public Relations, Communication, Human Resources or Education-Training and Development
- Possess a valid Ohio Driver’s license
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Knowledge in Microsoft Teams preferred
- Background in Communications, Event Management or PR
- Previous experience in planning events (any experience in digital event platforms a plus)
That’s it! So, if you want to join an agency with a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, create your own work schedule and the opportunity to work on behalf of Ohio taxpayers, then the Ohio Auditor of State is right for you.
Please note: We need a copy of your resume, transcripts and three references in order to facilitate moving forward with the hiring process.
The Auditor of State is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, age (40 years or more), ancestry, disability, military status, genetics or veteran status (Vietnam, Desert Storm/Shield, or Disabled).