Job Title: Social Media Internship
Location: Fairfield, Connecticut / Remote
Job Summary: The Social Media Intern will be tasked with assisting in a range of social media initiatives within Athelo Group. This individual will have duties that include (but are not limited to)
tracking engagement for social media campaigns, creating social media posting schedules, writing captions for social media posts, and developing engaging content across all agency channels. This individual will also be responsible for searching, editing, creating and organizing forms of content including blogs, vlogs, and graphics for many of our clients that include brands, properties, and professional athletes. Must have a drive and passion for creativity within social media, have a proactive approach with creating new content and be detail-oriented. Candidates will be receiving academic credit for this internship position.
- Execute social media campaigns and content such as blogs, infographics, videos, and press releases across all relevant social media channels on behalf of clients and agency
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Build and execute content strategy for partnership projects, clients, and agency, as needed
- Participate in creative ideation for the agency’s social media content calendar on a weekly basis
- Develop and execute agency email marketing campaigns
- Track and analyze agency website and social platform results on a weekly basis to drive improvement and optimization for digital, social and content strategy
- Accurately and professionally represent the tone and voice of the agency through social media communication and engagement
- Stay on the pulse of social media trends and provide recommendations for client and agency social channels
- Assist in the creation, management, archival, and retrieval of graphic, photo, animation, and other digital assets
- Adaptable, High Attention to Detail, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Organized, Self-Starter, Proactive, Strategy-Led, Creative, Results-Driven, Time Management
- Adopt the Athelo Group culture of professionalism, integrity, effectiveness and dynamic attitude that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promotes a positive brand image to our clients and team.
- Be willing to go above and beyond to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
- Program skills: advanced knowledge of G Suite, Microsoft Office, Square Space, Mail Chimp, Adobe Creative Suite, and social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, etc. preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize.
- Maintain standards and professionalism during periods of fluctuating workloads.
- Must have a genuine passion for understanding social media, content creation, sports, and storytelling.
- Willingness to assume an advanced role and be a direct representative of a fast-growing agency at a client-facing level.
- Maintain team standards through supporting other team members in achieving their service/quality levels and targets, as required.
- Build effective working relationships with other team members and externally.
- Manage daily tasks to ensure business needs are consistently met.
Education and Qualifications
- 1-2 years of related experience and/or training preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- This is largely a sedentary role; and this position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- This job operates in a remote professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.