Job Title: Public Relations Internship
Location: Fairfield, Connecticut / Remote
Job Summary: The Public Relations Intern will be tasked with building, pitching, and producing earned media opportunities on behalf of the agency and its clients. This includes but is not limited to
television, editorial, print, podcasts, social media, and philanthropic areas of focus. This individual will also work closely with the business development team on proper messaging against company and client pitches on a daily basis. This individual will be tasked to hero the narrative of each of our clients as well as the agency’s story as we work against a variety of different partnerships and projects throughout the program. Candidates will be receiving academic credit for this internship position.
- Build and maintain media lists and contacts
- Draft and edit copy for press releases, newsletters, and media kits for clients
- Secure print and online coverage for clients through strategic, targeted media outreach
- Organize and manage media tours on behalf of clients while also building comprehensive recap reports to present internally and to the client management team
- Manage all incoming prospective client and media opportunities and set up meetings with the proper departments
- Track all press coverage for monthly internal recap reports
- Collaborate with social media team on social media strategy and scheduling for posts
- Manage and update company website on a regular basis
- Maintain events, award submissions, and speaking engagement opportunities on behalf of the agency
- Build relationships and work closely with speaker bureaus for potential speaking engagements with client roster
- Research industry trends and generate new relationships as needed
Adaptable, High Attention to Detail, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Organized, Self-Starter, Proactive,
Strategy-Led, Creative, Results-Driven, Time Management
- Adopt the Athelo Group culture of professionalism, integrity, effectiveness, and dynamic attitude that
- contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promotes a positive brand image to our clients and team.
- Be willing to go above and beyond to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
- Program skills: advanced knowledge of G Suite, Microsoft Office, Square Space, Mail Chimp, and social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, etc. preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize.
- Maintain standards and professionalism during periods of fluctuating workloads.
- Passion for sports, brand, and athlete marketing that is contagious.
- Willingness to assume an advanced role and be a direct representative of a fast-growing agency at a client-facing level.
- Maintain team standards through supporting other team members in achieving their service/quality levels and targets, as required.
- Build effective working relationships with other team members and externally.
- Help build and maintain new relationships on behalf of the agency.
- Manage daily tasks to ensure business needs are consistently met.
Education and Qualifications
- 1-2 years of related experience and/or training preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
This is largely a sedentary role; and this position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This job operates in a remote professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at anytime with or without notice.