For a 4th year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We have phlebotomist opportunities available across our system including….
- Stevens Point, Wausau, Weston, Merrill, Rhinelander, Marathon, Wisconsin Rapids and Portage WI
- Hours: Occasional to Full-Time options available, various shifts
In this role, you would work under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures to perform the manual and technical tasks involved with the proper collection, labeling, processing and distribution of biological specimens for laboratory testing from patients of all ages. This person is responsible for utilizing relevant computer programs, performing data entry, and canceling and crediting tests.
- Completion of a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of a phlebotomy program or related health care training (MA, CNA, EMT, etc.) beneficial.
- Knowledge of laboratory standards and practices acquired through completion of a degree or courses in chemical, physical, or biological sciences from an accredited institution beneficial.
- Courses in EKG basic interpretation beneficial.
- Phlebotomy experience, related health care experience, or other non-healthcare laboratory experience beneficial.
- Computer experience beneficial.
- Customer service/telephone communications experience beneficial.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, congenial, accommodating and diplomatic personality with strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Possesses a pleasant and clearly understandable telephone voice and manner, along with mental alertness and attention to detail.