We are now accepting applications for the 2021-22 school year! Professionals interested in the Bay Area or Central Valley are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT ASPIRE: Aspire Public Schools operates a network of high-performing, college preparatory charter schools serving TK-12 scholars in communities across California. Founded in 1998—in an effort to transform the inequitable racial, social, and gender outcomes that our communities persist through—Aspire is one of the largest and most forward-thinking open-enrollment public charter school systems in the nation.
Our purpose is to prepare our scholars for success in college, career, and life. At Aspire, we set a foundation for our scholars to gain knowledge, skills, and power to access and make choices for their families and post-secondary lives. Every day, our community of students, families, teachers and staff comes together to learn, work, and play in an environment grounded in our values of Bienestar (Well-Being), Culture of Belonging, Community Partnership, Agency & Self-Determination, and Joy.
THE OPPORTUNIITY: Behind every successful student is a team of passionate and dedicated educators. As an instructor at Aspire, you will deliver high-quality instruction within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual. In addition, you will empower students to take control of their own learning and contribute to the continuous improvement of our nationally recognized model. Your professional learning community will provide a supportive and collaborative environment to fuel your growth and development. Together, we will change the odds for underserved students, ensuring that every student is prepared to earn a college degree.
What You Will Do:
- Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college
- Administer academic diagnostic tests
- Participate as a member of a team to identify the needs and specific goals and objectives of each child’s IEP
- Instruct students with IEPs for the purpose of developing appropriate academic and interpersonal skills
- Consult and articulate with faculty and parents via meetings, phone, and email regarding the needs and progress of students
- Create and maintain notifications, records, files, and reports as required by federal, state, and SELPA regulations
- Maintain knowledge of current regulations pertaining to special education
- Participate in Student Study Team meetings and follow up plans as needed
- Collaborate with faculty to ensure that students modifications and accommodations are being appropriately implemented in the general education classroom
What You Will Bring:
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles
- Ability and willingness to implement students’ IEPs
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions; ability and good judgment to take initiative to modify activities
- Ability to collaborate with general education and special education colleagues, parents and community
- Ability to work with an ethnically and economically diverse student body
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Valid/current Special Education Credential (Moderate/Severe) preferred
- Intern eligible considered for those that have met the intern program perquisites to enroll in a program
- 2+ years working with students with special needs in an educational setting strongly preferred
Aspire offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, 100% core health benefits coverage on select plans, life insurance/long-term disability, participation in a CA state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.
Aspire Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Aspire promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.