ARLINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS (APS) IS CONDUCTING VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS TO HIRE ELEMENTARY CLASSROOM TEACHERS (K-5) for various schools just outside of Washington, DC.
Relocation Assistance Available!
Apply online at www.apsva.us/careers
We are located just 3 miles from Washington, DC.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have or be eligible for Virginia licensure in Elementary Education PreK-6. (Please contact us for questions on eligibility or visit https://www.doe.virginia.gov/teaching/licensure/)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Posted for the 2021-22 School Year beginning August 2021
- Implements instructional programs that meet the needs, interests and abilities of students using appropriate instructional materials
- Maintains safe and orderly environment
- Communicates with parents/guardians
- Maintains complete and accurate student records
- Collaborates with school administrators, other teachers, instructional assistants, parents, and community members
- Monitors and assesses student achievement
- Attends ongoing professional learning and meetings
- Teaching experience in the above mentioned areas
- Knowledge of best instructional practices
- Ability to integrate technology
- Experience in educational and instructional leadership