Note: Please also email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Tennessee Job”
Arcadis is seeking an entry-level Transportation Design Engineer to join the team in Nashville, TN, or Chattanooga, TN. In this position, you will have the opportunity to be mentored and trained by technical experts in the field of transportation design.
With the support of one of the industry’s leading technical and professional staffs, you will assist our growing transportation design and traffic engineering group in Tennessee in the preparation of roadway design plans, engineering reports, studies and analyses in a wide range of areas (e.g. traffic operations, safety and transportation planning projects).
This position offers an excellent opportunity to grow professionally while working on a wide variety of projects alongside a dedicated and experienced staff.
Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare conceptual designs and construction plans utilizing OpenRoads design software
- Create engineering design including geometric design of highways and streets, drainage design (hydrology and hydraulics) and completion of construction engineering and inspection tasks
- Complete transportation planning reports, roadway safety studies and general traffic engineering projects
- Collect traffic and highway field data
- Complete Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control (EPSC) plans, inspections and/or other stormwater related projects
- Use various software platforms including Microstation, OpenRoads and related design & office software
Desired Skills/ Attributes:
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools such as Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Basic understanding of the application of geometric and traffic operations principles including AASHTO, MUTCD, and state DOT requirements/policies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks with varying deadlines simultaneously
- Strong work ethic and desire to grow professionally
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or another closely related field
- EIT Certification
- Experience using OpenRoads