We’ve written the description below to be helpful to you. After reading it, you should be able to decide for yourself if this is something you should pursue or not.
The best way to get a first interview is to write thoughtful answers that will make us want to learn more about you. You should put in the same effort that you bring to your work each and every day. We read each application, resume, and cover letter. Nothing is automated and there is no machine or robot.
We expect thoughtfulness and high performance from everyone at Apptegy and we look for that throughout the interview process. We are excited to hear from you!
Apptegy’s Sales Team continues to grow and we are looking for high performers to join us in having engaging conversations with school leaders across the United States.
We like to highlight that most of our Sales Reps did not have Sales experience before working at Apptegy (but they’re really good at it now!). Even if you have never been in a sales role, we would still very much like to talk with you if you’re up to the challenge.
That said there are many people that should not apply, read on to find out more.
What is the role?
You will be a key member of our Sales team, speaking directly with superintendents, communication directors, and other decision makers in schools. Our core product, Thrillshare, enables schools across the U.S. to communicate, share stories, and build a strong brand.
Through phone calls, video calls, and in-person conferences, you will be an advocate responsible for building credibility, providing value to potential clients, and, ultimately, closing deals to grow Apptegy. This position allows Apptegy to grow at a rapid pace now and over the long term.
What is expected of a Sales Rep at Apptegy?
We have high expectations for all of our Sales Reps. You do not need to have a Sales background to be successful in this position. However, we do expect you to be able to:
- Engage in Meaningful Conversations: As a Sales Rep you will be committed to listening closely to school leaders so that you can craft and lead an engaging conversation. To do that you will also learn and become knowledgeable about topics impacting school leaders including school choice, online presence, competition for teachers, students, and mindshare.
- Demonstrate Value: In your conversations, you will lead with insights first and the product second. Instead of talking about what our product can do, you’ll discuss why school districts and schools need a strong brand to compete and to be effective. You’ll present a compelling story about the challenges that school leaders are experiencing and then deliver new insights to solve for those same challenges.
- Prepare Intentionally & Proactively: To be successful in Sales, you will have to make it a project to be at the top of your game every day. You must be adept at managing your time effectively and prepare in advance of calls and meetings so that you can be completely focused on the person you are speaking with.
- Focus on Long-Term Growth (not short term sales): We are intent on reaching our monthly, quarterly and yearly goals and continuing to drive the growth of Apptegy while still crafting an excellent experience for school leaders. We never compromise “just to make the sale” and believe that we can create value for us, for our clients, and for our investors.
- Learn How We Think & Be Coachable: We think differently about many things, especially sales. Your responsibility as a Sales Rep is to be curious about how we are doing things and to be coachable by taking feedback seriously.
What is true of you?
Note: Most of our Sales Reps did not have Sales experience before working at Apptegy. Even if you have never been in a sales role, we would still very much like to talk with you.
An aptitude for challenge & a track record of success:
- You have completed a four-year college degree with a high GPA (Master’s degree encouraged, but not required).
- You have an impressive track record in your academic and work history.
- You have been in a fast paced working environment and know how to pick up tech tools quickly.
An ability to manage your day and be effective & efficient:
- You have managed your own workflow and schedule.
- You do not need someone to guide your day or tell you what to do next.
Remarkable communication and presentation skills:
- You enjoy and have experience presenting or communicating in a professional environment.
- You know how to write effective emails and engage professionally across all channels (phone, video, written)
What is it like to work at Apptegy?
Since our start in 2015, we’ve gone from a group of individuals to a community pushing toward the same goal of building a fantastic company with great people, great products and, most importantly, a great culture. To date, we have grown to more than 200 team members working with more than 1,800 clients across 50 states.
Apptegy is building products to empower school leaders to run better schools. We have the opportunity to help schools as they go through a radical shift in how they operate and to provide great technology to make that transition.
We believe our culture of Thoughtfulness and High Performance is the most important thing we have to get right at this stage in our journey. If we get the right people working together in productive ways, we can do anything.
What else should I know?
We take our responsibility as a company seriously and aim to make this the best job that you’ve had (and one that sets you up for future success). We want your day at work and your time at home to be a joyful experience that’s why we provide:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance for you and dependents
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Discretionary/flexible paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Dependent Care FSA
- Annual travel bonus
If the challenge of building a rapidly growing startup excites you as much as it does us, we hope that you’ll consider joining us.