Since our start in 2015, we’ve gone from a group of individuals to a community pushing toward the same goal of building a fantastic company with great people, great products, and, most importantly, a great culture. To date, we have grown from a handful of school districts in Arkansas to thousands of school districts across the U.S.
Apptegy is building products to empower school leaders to run better schools. We have the opportunity to help schools as they go through a radical shift in how they operate and to provide great technology to make that transition.
We are growing quickly and are focused on bringing thoughtful, high-performers together to craft an experience for our clients and to make Apptegy a better place than it already is.
we’ve written the description below to be helpful to you. After reading it, you should be able to decide for yourself if this is something you should pursue or not.
The best way to get a first interview is to write thoughtful answers that will make us want to learn more about you. You should put in the same effort that you bring to your work each and every day. We read each application, resume, and cover letter. Nothing is automated and there is no machine or robot.
As a Jr. Graphic Designer on the Client Experience Team…
you will be creating designs for the custom apps and websites for new clients. For each school district we work with, we build custom Android and iPhone apps and a new website that integrates with our publishing platform, Thrillshare.
Things you will do:
- Collaborate on all aspects of application design and development
- Make suggestions, be curious, and as a team, keep pushing to exceed the expectations of our clients
- Always keep the end-user in mind
- Create designs in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, XD, and Illustrator), Sketch, and Figma
What is expected of a Graphic Designer at Apptegy?
- Experience with design software and tools: You should have hundreds of hours creating design documents (digital and/or print). Ideally, you have a degree in graphic design.
- Ability to work quickly & efficiently: Client Experience moves quickly and gets a lot of work done in a short amount of time. They do this by being efficient and detailed.
- Meticulousness & attention to detail: Conscientiousness is defined as “careful and painstaking; particular; meticulous.” People who exemplify this trait have an internal need to do their best at everything they do. If there is a job to be done, it should be done well.
- Desire to work hard and to grow: This is a role that will challenge you and help you grow. To be successful you must have high expectations for yourself and be willing to put in the time, the effort, and the sweat to meet those expectations.
What is true of you?
- You have a four-year college degree with an emphasis in graphic design or similar and a 3.5 GPA or higher
- You are enthusiastic about the opportunity to support a highly effective team
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and XD)
- Familiarity with Sketch and Figma is a plus
What else should I know?
We take our responsibility as a company seriously and aim to make this the best job that you’ve had (and one that sets you up for future success). We want your day at work and your time at home to be a joyful experience that’s why we provide:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance for you and dependents
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Discretionary/flexible paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Dependent Care FSA
- Annual Travel Stipend
If the challenge of building a rapidly growing startup excites you as much as it does us, we hope that you’ll consider joining us.
Apptegy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.