Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Summary of Role
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates for our full-time New College Graduate (NCG) Finance Rotation Program based in Santa Clara, CA. Our two-year program offers mentoring, networking, and hands-on experience across various disciplines of Finance and is intended to develop our Future Finance Professionals before you transition to a permanent role at Applied. As NCGs, you will participate in a variety of rotations, short-term assignments, and project work involving the following responsibilities:
- Analyze financial transactions, project costs, ROI, and profitability trends
- Prepare financial analysis, trends, models, and ad hoc analysis as a partner to the business and support critical decision-making
- Develop and deliver data-driven presentations to influence portfolio management and project prioritization
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, such as balance sheets, P&L, etc.
- Participate in the quarterly close process including reconciliation preparation, transaction processing, and financial reporting
- Propose and execute process improvements in collaboration with cross-functional teams
In addition to the above responsibilities, our NCG’s will develop the following skill-sets and competencies during the Rotation Program:
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data
- Ability to utilize data analysis tools to sort through and analyze data to identify factors impacting financial performance
- Improve your understanding of business and financial concepts, processes and practices required for making sound business decisions.
- Ability to utilize concepts of financial forecasting including identification of the organization of modeling inputs and the different types of information models provide.
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of taking initiative within the organization.
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Economics, or a related field
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Intermediate Accounting coursework
- Finance concepts (Forecasting, Decision Analysis, Cost and Performance Management, Valuation, Pricing, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (Lookups, Index/Match, Pivots, etc.)
- Familiarity with finance related systems and tools preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and present information effectively to various audiences
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to build trust, partner, and collaborate with others
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage your priorities to meet deliverables on time
- Business acumen
Applied Materials offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including 401(k), Tuition Assistance Program, certification training (CPA, CFA), and access to our onsite state-of-the-art Wellness Center.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.