About the Position
Primary Job Objective: Recruit new and help retain/grow previous volunteers to participate in ASP programs: Summer, Year-Round, New Build, Helping Hands, Local, Disaster Recovery and other programs.
This full-time exempt position of Volunteer Resource Coordinator will generate interest in volunteering with ASP to help achieve ASP’s aggressive volunteer recruitment and retention goals. Eventually, this position will report to the VP of Resource Development. Under the direction of their supervisor, the Volunteer Resource Coordinator will coordinate and contribute to volunteer recruitment for all ASP programs. The Volunteer Resource Coordinator will report temporarily to the Chief Operations Officer and work in close collaboration with the volunteer department and Senior Director of Volunteers.
– Traditional lead generation and conversion
– Assist in developing a strategic volunteer recruitment and marketing plan.
– Implement the strategic volunteer recruitment and marketing plan.
– Identify and engage current and former staff and volunteers to serve as ambassadors for recruiting staff and volunteers.
– Expand and manage the ASP Ambassador program, including recruitment, communication, and training.
– Organize, coordinate, and manage recruitment event logistics, including registration, staffing, shipments, and follow-up.
– Follow-up on unsolicited leads to provide additional information and convert inquirers into volunteers.
– Maintain a contact management data base for tracking all recruiting related activity.
Other tasks may include:
– Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers from lead identification through registration process.
– Liaise with Volunteer Management and Ministries Department to promote understanding, develop partnerships, and assess and advocate for volunteering needs.
– Evaluate volunteer feedback to ensure retention and to recommend and implement changes as appropriate.
– Other duties as assigned by supervisor and anything else that contributes to the smooth-running operation of ASP.
The Volunteer Resource Coordinator will be a creative, self-starter who is a passionate advocate for service and is excited about the idea of reaching out into the community to involve more volunteers in the work of ASP. The successful candidate will have some basic experience in sales, and/or marketing communications, and will enjoy implementing cutting edge marketing strategies and evaluating their progress. The Volunteer Resource Coordinator will be on the road frequently as an ASP ambassador speaking to congregations, community organizations, schools and individuals about the transformative service opportunities presented by ASP.
– Genuine interest in the world, an engaging and outgoing personality, and a desire to work in a Christian environment.
– Experience in community organizing, sales, and/or marketing communications.
– Ability to represent ASP responsibly and professionally to the existing ASP community, prospective volunteers or staff, a diverse board, and the other groups and organizations with whom ASP works.
– Self-motivated, team-oriented problem solver who can inspire people to service, handle and prioritize multiple projects, embrace change, and think in a way that is both visionary and pragmatic.
– Strong oral and written communication skills.
– Proficiency with computer applications, with an emphasis on presentation software and basic data base management skills.
– An applicable 4-year degree from an accredited college or university.
– Experience with HubSpot or other sales-focused CRM.
– Past experience as volunteer or staff member at ASP or similar service organization.
– Willingness to travel alone throughout the country on volunteer recruitment trips.
– Valid driver’s license and driving record that is acceptable to ASP’s insurer.
– May require lifting items (boxes, materials) weighing up to 30 pounds.
– Satisfactory results on a thorough background check.
All employment is contingent on satisfactory results of a background check.
Salary and Benefits
ASP provides a market-based salary and generous employee benefits program including:
– Comprehensive medical and dental insurance offered for employee and family
– Life insurance, retirement plan, medical spending plan and other typical benefits
– Generous holiday, vacation, personal and sick time away based on ASP policy in effect
– at time of employment
– Phone and laptop provided for work use (if required for job performance)
– ASP vehicle available for frequent local and regional business travel
– Other to be discussed during interview process