Are you a people first leader with the ability to drive production and assembly processes while supporting a culture of inclusion, team support and quality performance? If so, consider joining our team as a Sr. Production Planner.
A Snapshot of What You’ll Do:
As a Sr. Production Planner, you’ll be responsible for managing and planning all assembly activities to ensure Anton Paar QuantaTec’s analytical lab instrumentation products are manufactured to specification, meet quality standards, and are delivered to customers on time. You’ll also be responsible for the following:
- Planning for the manufacturing process to ensure raw materials, labor and resources are adequately available to produce finished products
- Coordinating the manufacturing launch of products including establishing goals, assigning workloads, and evaluating results
- Monitoring the production schedule daily and removing any obstacles that hinder the assembly process flow
- Ensure quality standards are met and appropriate checkpoints are in place to ensure customer delivery is without failure
Deep Dive Into Your Responsibilities:
To be successful as a Sr. Production Planner on our team you’ll need to be a self-starter who can effectively lead others while balancing multiple projects on defined timelines. Communication and collaboration are also key because you’ll work closely with inter-company teams to ensure production is performed at the highest level of efficiency without sacrificing quality. Here’s a closer look at the responsibilities of this position:
- Creating and updating the production schedule for all instruments on a rolling 12-month period.
- Monitoring the production lead times on a weekly basis and modifying the schedule based on customer demand, materials inventory, and staffing resources.
- Creating monthly reports for the sales network to include lead times for instrument completion
- Monitoring and measuring the inventory including work in progress, semi-finished goods, finished goods and raw materials.
- Analyzing the manufacturing process lifecycle and initiating improvements for quality, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Conducting root cause analysis for quality errors and develop a corrective action plan using Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Monitoring non-conformance reports, identifying manufacturing weaknesses and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Developing and implementing production-optimizing and cost-reducing measures for the department.
- Ensuring production orders are finished on time according to high level capacity planning.
- Leading the project team with R&D and PE in introducing new instruments and reporting on progress.
- Assisting with product development in the transition phase with regard to; parts lists and assembly structure, process flow charts, storage capacity, base quantity definition, and creating instrument-related upgradeable workplaces.
- Setting the plan values for assemblies and instruments and ensuring that they are met.
- Managing change requests as they relate to the production team and ensure necessary training and documentation updates are completed as needed.
- Managing departmental performance measures, including visual controls, and provide regular progress reports to management.
- Coordinating efforts with shipping department to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Managing all the recruiting, onboarding, and training for new employees.
- Managing staff by providing coaching and development, resolving conflicts, monitoring time and attendance and handling disciplinary issues.
- Ensuring OHSA standards are implemented and followed.
- Performing accident investigations and addressing any necessary corrective actions.
- Handling day-to-day issues and elevating as necessary on behalf of the department.
Skills and Qualifications You’ll Need:
A Sr. Production Planner on our team will possess leadership skills in addition to technical skills, soft skills and industry knowledge to lead a team of engineers, including:
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions, follows through on commitments, and acknowledges and learns from mistakes
- Critical Thinking: Performs analysis to determine and assess the needs of the department and then create a plan to meet the requirements
- Collaboration: Works well with others on internal and external teams by using effective interpersonal skills
- Communication: Provides clear instruction to employees, clearly explains how product assembly works and is available to answer any questions that may arise
- Integrity: Behaves honorably even when no one is watching and follows moral and ethical principles in all areas of work including decision making, interacting with colleagues, and servicing customers
- Problem Solving: Ability to efficiently identify and resolve issues that arise during the assembly process
- Quality of Work: Works to the highest of quality standards by anticipating problems, testing and checking their work, and pays close attention to detail
- Self-Starter: Uses trusted and efficient work methods to launch projects and balances multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skills, and develops solutions to highly complex problems by applying technical acumen
- Time Management: Ability to deliver on time with optimal use of resources, achieve desired results within given time frames and decide between conflicting priorities.
- Leadership: Demonstrates the ability to manage, lead and enable others in order to navigate departmental or organizational change
Education and Experience:
The Sr. Production Planner typically requires a combination of managerial experience, education, training, certifications, and skills. This role requires the following:
· BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
· 3- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing/production environment
· 3- 5 years’ experience managing a team
· Proven Lean Manufacturing implementation experience
· Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional and respectful manner
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience with SAP
Preferred skills include:
· MS in Engineering or equivalent
· Six Sigma Green Belt or higher
· Experience with SAP’s Production and Planning module
This role is a working leader, is a member of multiple inter-company teams and oversees exempt and non-exempt staff.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, observe, communicate and handle items such as computers, machinery and other equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position requires the ability to obtain a Passport for international travel.
In regards to organizational issues, the employee will comply with the regulations set forward in the Anton Paar Employee Handbook, except if otherwise stated.
Anton Paar QuantaTec Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Anton Paar QuantaTec Inc. are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to: age, race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, sickle cell trait, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.