Anne Arundel Dermatology is a growing Dermatology practice and we are currently looking for a Medical Assistant to join our team!
Founded over 40 years ago with a mission to provide the highest quality and full spectrum of medical, surgical, and esthetic skin care services to each and every one of its patients, Anne Arundel Dermatology has assembled the finest group of dermatologists in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern states.
With 180+ clinicians and 60+ locations, we’re thriving, growing, and always looking to add talented individuals to our team!
The Medical Assistant reports to the Office Manager and assists the provider(s) with patient care.
S/he will create an atmosphere that reflects the level of standards and care that patients can expect to receive from this Practice. To be successful in this position, the assistant must be cheerful, friendly, polite, tactful, and professional in appearance and manner at all times.
S/he will be able to communicate with the physician and patient and be mindful of patient confidentiality. S/he will be able to respond to patient’s needs and relay the provider’s instructions.
The successful medical assistant will be a team player, respectful of their co-workers, and will demonstrate proficiency in documenting in Electronic Health Records System(EHRS).
Medical Assistant Job Duties
Assist provider with patient care as assigned but not limited to the following:
- Escort patient to and from exam room and help patient prepare for exam.
- Take patient vitals when requested by provider.
- Documentation in Electronic Health Record
- Clean and straighten exam room between patients.
- Organize patient flow according to protocol.
- Prepare syringes according to protocol.
- Administer local anesthetic – subcutaneous and intra-muscular.
- Assist provider with injectable procedures.
- Remove sutures.
- Ensure completion of forms and appropriate requisitions.
- Set-up, clean, sterilize and inventory all medical equipment and instruments including procedure tray according to instructions.
- Prepare pathology and lab specimens. Route to correct lab as required by patient’s insurance. Maintain accurate pathology log.
- Notify providers and patients of pathology and lab results.
- Respond to patient questions in office and on phone as instructed.
- Schedule or re-schedule appointments with providers, specialists as necessary. Send appropriate records as necessary.
- Work in compliance with OSHA, bloodborne pathogen standards.
- Knowledge of and compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Adherence to the healthcare compliance policy.
- Document and keep current appropriate records for maintenance programs.
- Maintain medication samples, discard out-of-date supplies, and keep appropriate records.
- Maintain infection control. Maintain cleanliness of exam rooms, and keep supply cabinets well stocked.
- Order, sort, re-stock, and inventory all medical supplies.
- Document all medical instructions given to patients.
- Occasional pulling and filing of patient charts.
- Prepare patients for laser procedures and/or fill liquid nitrogen canister (as required at your location).